Stori is a cannabis storage system for the smart, sophisticated, modern pot user

Originally published at: Stori is a cannabis storage system for the smart, sophisticated, modern pot user | Boing Boing

Trying to think of any downside there may be to wifi enabling your stash box and publishing it’s contents to a third party for marketing purposes :thinking:

9 Likes

…for the smart, sophisticated, modern pot user.

Damn. 0 for 3. I guess I’ll have to use a box or something.

9 Likes

on the other hand, baggies and old film containers are readily available, not connected to the internet, and about $163 cheaper.

8 Likes

Flashback to the CEO’s college dorm where he kept his weed in a mancala board.

1 Like

Holy Jeebus. This is right up there with Smalt.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with little mason jars?
Why must we have everything connected to the internet now?

4 Likes

11 Likes

lmao no, i dont need a $200 web enabled weed bin. What i do need though is a good container that will help keep my weed from drying out so fast… Not sure what that could be though, given that every time a container is opened and then closed in order to puff some, it lets some moisture out. I am starting to think that a system that actually -adds- some moisture back would be good, but worry that could cause mold. Very curious to know what fellow boingers do.

1 Like

That is AMAZING!!!

I have no personal experience with them, but such boxes have existed for cigars for years.

4 Likes

I use little humidiccant packs, like Boveda or boost. They’re basically little slow-release food-safe gel packs that keep their containers at or near a specific humidity.

You can get 'em on amazon for cheap.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you!

Hopefully some day I will have a walk in weed-midor…

1 Like

a small bit of moistened paper towel (not wet… barely damp. wash your hands. dry them. then dry them again on a paper towel. use a small piece of that towel, depending on size of container)

alternately, a piece of citrus peel will keep things ■■■■■ AND give your smoke a nice lemon/lime/orange kick!

1 Like

Man, I just keep my weed in a little dragon-themed box my stepmother gave me last Christmas. Do people really keep like eight different strains around? That sounds like Some Work.

3 Likes

They do if different strains were gifted to them; this past Mother’s Day left me with such a surplus that I’m gonna need to make some butter, as I cannot possibly smoke it all on my own.

4 Likes

How do you do fellow smart sophisticated modern weed fans. Your reroll tubes aren’t half full they are half empty doncha know.

Yep. The daughter says what I am doing with weed is a Cannabis Journey, because I buy many different strains, looking for the ones that give me the right effects for the day, night, or event. I just keep them in their little jars or tubes or foil packs, so I know what each one is, for documentation purposes. They’re all in a 31 bin the daughter gave me when she was still thinking she could make money with MLM.
I “upcycled” a bunch of the jars into my new spice rack. (I hate the term upcycled for no good reason.) It makes me giggle every time I pull out a weed jar labeled oregano or parsley.

1 Like