Strange but true: Reese's introduces a peanut butter cup without the chocolate

OH DAMN my annual Peeps fix will be ON!

I just love biting the heads off of those little chickies, like some Willy Wonka Ozzy Osbourne mashup.

Oh, and I totally wanna try these Reese’s. Mmmm! Or gross, but maybe mmm.

3 Likes

Didn’t whatsherface the commercial foodstuff imitator on Bon Appetit guess that there was crunched up peanut brittle in the “peanut butter” that’s inside the “chocolate”? Maybe it was someone/somewhere else but it was thought that that was the magic to get the right texture to the filling.

Do they have the peanut butter cups in Europe or the UK, where “chocolate” has to be chocolate? I had a Cadburys Swiss Cake Roll in the UK, with real chocolate and it blew my mind…

I love peanut butter fudge, so I might give these a try. Doubt they’ll be as good as the home made fudge I’ve had, but as one of the minority of people who find chocolate to be just “ok”, this can only be an improvement on the original.

Nearly upon us? It starts on Boxing Day!

2 Likes

Imagine the guy is an oblivious Mr. Peanut and he’s racing to the Peanut factory to brutally crush a strike. See, it still works.

And the “Magic”? It was in you all along.

2 Likes

Reese’s are already 2/3 sugar, so good luck with that

Ugh, those candy marketers are succeeding in extending and re-branding holiday seasons and reasons. I shudder to think what products they would associate with Boxing Day in the US - probably Whitman’s Samplers. It’s already tough to keep all the celebrations straight in my head. Let’s see…after New Chocolate’s Day at the beginning of each year, there’s Very Fine with Gallonwine in mid-February, St. (Peppermint) Pattie’s Day is next - before Feaster (when the Creme Eggs and Choco-Bunnies are consumed). :yum:

Reese’s could’ve waited to promote this chocolate-free cup in July, right? :wink:

2 Likes

I went in to my local mini-market in the UK on Boxing Day, and they’d stripped out all of the Christmas stuff and replaced it all with Easter stuff. :smiley: At least we don’t have to put up with Thanksgiving Day over here.

2 Likes

Shh! That’s how we wind up with companies selling chocolate turkeys stuffed with marshmallow fluff or something equally awful - so that you won’t feel left out of all the fun. I’m not going to search online to find out if that product already exists, because I don’t wanna know.

2 Likes

From what I hear, It does have a certain value in postponing the rush of Christmas consumerism. Here, the madness seems to start in September.

2 Likes

How much do you want to depart from convention? Because Peeps are experimenting with new varieties too.
image image

2 Likes

Just buy the jar of Reese’s PB.

Next: "Twinkie: Ultimate Filling-Lover’s Edition"

2 Likes

Take some peanut butter, and mix in some powdered sugar to get the filling. Then roll into balls and flatten (size and shape is your preference), and then dip in melted chocolate.

1 Like

Wouldn’t those “flavors” ruin the whole point, which is maximum sugar?

1 Like

john stamos GIF by Grandfathered

3 Likes

Ah, they released the paçoca!

4 Likes

I know how to make buckeyes. I’m just playing with the ingredients I have in my kitchen to make a treat.

1 Like

Madness is definitely the correct word. I just saw this little gem about Cadbury Creme Egg Beer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The rabbit hole goes much deeper than I thought… :grimacing:

3 Likes

The best chocolate and peanut butter I’ve ever had is this one.

index

1 Like