Do you like crunchy or creamy peanut butter? Your answer explains a bit about you, study says

Originally published at: Do you like crunchy or creamy peanut butter? Your answer explains a bit about you, study says | Boing Boing

6 Likes

And those who hurl them both up?

18 Likes

TMI - I like both. :crazy_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :shushing_face:

16 Likes

Crunchy and blackberry jam. Picking grape jelly from a large selection of jams/jellies is like picking cool-aid from the soft drink aisle.

23 Likes

I’ll never forget my first PBJ.

I was in my late 30’s, working at a fairly challenging contract assignment a long way from home. I was traveling 85%+ at that time and really not thrilled about it, but my work told me they needed me and only me on this project for my knowledge…but also if I didn’t like it, I could quit. So, I did the work.

Anyhoo, one of the VPs walked in one day to talk about the progress of the project. After an hour review, he mentioned he was done and headed home for lunch. He went home for lunch every day and his wife made him the same thing - a PBJ. He saw my expression and asked why I reacted - I told him first, I kinda wish I was close enough to drive home for lunch, but secondly I’d never had a PBJ in my life. I quickly became the center of a widening circle as he looked at me in silence. He said we’d have to fix that and left.

The next day, just before lunch, he showed up with a loaf of bread (Wonder, if you’re curious), some Skippy creamy and Smuckers grape. He then made the entire project leadership sandwiches.

It was a bit weird.

Sandwich wasn’t bad.

31 Likes

Which Facebook Test are you? Do the test now!

17 Likes

I really don’t care either way creamy or crunchy… but grape over strawberry? I call bullshit.

33 Likes

Amen. Raspberry, blackberry, boysenberry, or (if you can find it) loganberry or currant jams are great.

Jams > Jellies, every time.

21 Likes

That’s sort of awesome. I mean anyone who eats a PB&J every day for lunch who’s older than 10 is going to be weird tho.

14 Likes

jelly? no, thanks.
crunchy pb and honey or - gasp! - Marmite! :astonished:
(I don’t like jelly)

14 Likes

If I make my own then I make creamy, because it’s one less step. If I buy it then I buy crunchy. But always with the oil on top, because the no-stir stuff is freakishness.

For day hikes I take a PB&J. depending on how heavy handed you are with the jam, is no worse for you than most of the generally available “energy” bars. And it tastes good and can have LESS sugar than an energy bar. Yeah you feel a boost because that 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat is backed up by 25 grams of sugar. yikes!

8 Likes

I like creamy. My dad likes creamy. My 92 yo grandma likes creamy. My mom likes creamy. We all live in the same house.

The dog likes crunchy.

We only have crunchy.

40 Likes

I’ve noticed that pbj sandwiches are a mostly american thing.

They’re not unheard of in the UK and AU, but most of my friends from either say they don’t like it, or have never tried it.

Are you from the UK and were working in the US?

11 Likes

Crunchy all the way. Never understood the appeal of smooth peanut better.

Can confirm, am weird :upside_down_face: I don’t eat it everyday, though. Not any more.

13 Likes

I like peanut butter where you can successfully spread A Lot onto untoasted bread without shredding the bread.

I’m very heavy handed, so I end up destroying the sandwich with crunchy pb before it’s even assembled.

11 Likes

23 Likes

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Working from home the past year I have eaten PB&J’s almost every day. Carting them to work makes for soggy times. Making fresh ones is so nice.

One thing I do not eat that was a childhood fave is process cheese slices on white bread.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Fair enough. That makes total sense. I guess I never thought of what could happen to the bread.

The thing that I struggle with is finding a decent sized container of crunchy peanut butter. They only seem to sell the small sizes around here and that just doesn’t work for me (I got through them too quickly).

3 Likes

Peanut butter is only decent in baked goods, sauces and/or soup (yes, soup) and the “preferred” type thus depends on use.

8 Likes