Stranger Things' David Harbour's fiery SAG Awards speech and Winona Ryder's fantastic facial expressions

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/30/stranger-things-david-harbou.html

9 Likes

Trippin Balls!

9 Likes

Trump’s campaign brought out the worst in people, but his presidency is bringing out the best.

18 Likes

At first blush, that’s got a touch of Eminem’s fine NFL-tv performance…

She has a lot of feelings

6 Likes

No love for Mahershala Ali’s speech?

24 Likes

I haven’t seen Moonlight, but he was easily the strongest part of Marvel’s Cage series on Netflix. Regardless of what i feel about the show in general his performance was incredible and it’s good to know he’s gotten recognition.

I do believe i’ve seen his speech mentioned online elsewhere, but obviously it’s not going to be as catchy as “Winona making faces during speech”. Such is the fickle attention of media and media consumption.

15 Likes

He was great in the 4400, too. One of my favorite actors going right now.

7 Likes

I don’t even get the point of the speech - or any other awards-show speech. But she was intentionally undermining him. I hope he deserved it.

EDIT: Seen the speech. What part doesn’t she get?

1 Like

He was my reason for watching 4400.

2 Likes

In fairness to Winona, Harbour’s speech was just that awesomely mind-blowing:

we… will repel bullies, we will shelter freaks and outcasts, those who have no home, we will get past the lies, we will hunt monsters, and when we are at a loss amidst the hypocrisy and the casual violence of certain individuals and institutions, we will, as per chief Jim Hopper, punch some people in the face when they seek to destroy the weak, the disenfranchised, and we will do it all with soul, with heart, and with joy.

23 Likes

I definitely agree with what’s being said, it’s just poorly structured. Either way, i guess it’s worth it just for Winona’s reactions.

Coincidentally, I’ve seen many of the same reactions on the faces of past girlfriends in the bedroom - especially confusion.

7 Likes

I think I could watch Winona make faces forever

8 Likes

Agreed he was the best part of it, and also that show was just so much better than it needed to be. Killed off by the writer’s strike it seems, along with another show I liked quite a bit, “Life”.

2 Likes

Self aware awkwardness.

1 Like

She was almost certainly tripping.

I imagine if I showed up in a past girlfriend’s bedroom she’d look pretty confused too…

19 Likes

Well time travel can be confusing if they saw a future version of me visiting while current us were getting busy.

10 Likes

http://m.anyclip.com/movies/austin-powers-the-spy-who-shagged-me/ending-credits-two-austins/

4 Likes