Street preacher in grinch costume holds "Santa is fake" sign outside elementary school (video)

Originally published at: Street preacher in grinch costume holds "Santa is fake" sign outside elementary school (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

He’s a mean one

21 Likes

… careful, or you’ll get people doubting all of their invisible friends, not just the ones you don’t like :thinking:

23 Likes

:musical_note: You're an asshole, Mr. "Grinch"....

19 Likes

“People need to be less concerned with the traditions of men, and more concerned with the Truth of the bible! Perhaps if I dress as a misguided TV villain who steals from and lies to children, it will help me persuade them to heed my righteous advice.”

16 Likes

I thought that name sounded familiar! He’s the loon behind “Repent Amarillo,” a band of hooting weirdos dedicated to telling people in Amarillo they’re all going to hell, trying to burn Qurans, and mostly publicizing David Grisham.

11 Likes

Merry Christmas GIF by Storyful       Merry Christmas GIF

5 Likes

“Stop telling your children these lies! Tell them MY lies instead!”

15 Likes

These days, how are the schools not going into lockdown, with a police response?

8 Likes

Counterpoint:

5 Likes

Santa was at the Council of Nicaea and has a tomb in Turkey. He is one of the people who literally codified this arsehole’s religion.

16 Likes

I’ve resisted posting this since 2006, but

4 Likes

And Republic Jesus is doubly fake

3 Likes
5 Likes

The worse thing Santa is going to do is bring you a lump of coal. Which honestly if things go side ways really really bad, could be burned for fuel / warmth.

Jesus…well I guess that kind of depends on how you do the Jesus / God relationship. Jesus might have been “real” as in a physical being, but biblically hasn’t he ascended to heaven? Or if you blur the Jesus / God relationship then literally everything bad, as well as good, could be contributed to him.

If we going after Santa at least focus on the working conditions for the elves.

3 Likes

If he does take his show on the road, perhaps someone should dress as Santa, stand next to him (on public property, remember!) and hold up a sign “He’s just mad he’s on the naughty list”.

For added effect have someone (in a warm climate; He is usually depicted in attire that’s not warm enough for say New England in December) dress as Jesus Christ and hold up a sign that says “What an asshole” or perhaps “Why aren’t you following My teachings about ‘love thy neighbor’?”

5 Likes

That’s getting dangerously close to my movement to shame armadillos for pretending to be anything other than armored possums.

10 Likes

I’m sure that will work out well for him if it gets more internet traction.

4 Likes

Quick, someone call the Christmas cops. There’s an asshole on the loose.

Merry Christmas GIF by Storyful

4 Likes

Santa is fake. Jesus is real.

Prove it.

10 Likes