Strong fundraising shows Sen. Warren's continued surge

Exhaustion is totally understandable. The flood of political news kind of wears us all out way too easily. Hopefully you can avoid burnout!

2 Likes

She’s almost matched Bernie Sanders fundraising.

I’m a bit conflicted about the whole situation.

On the one hand Warren is obviously the (much) better candidate. On the other hand I’m afraid there will be too many undecided voters who wouldn’t vote for a woman, period. And, other than with the olympics, the important part isn’t participating, but winning.

Obama could win because he was such a great speaker, so that offset him being half black. Warren is an intelligent speaker, but she’s not a gifted speaker like Obama.

I would love for Warren to be president of the U.S… But I fear 4 more years of Trump even more…

1 Like

The three top contenders all have issues. Biden isn’t inspiring or particularly progressive and has gained a reputation as a creepy old uncle, Sanders is the oldest (not by very much, but his recent heart attack and public image reinforce it) and is carrying baggage from last election (for example, I know a family member that absolutely loathes him and blames him single-handedly for Trump’s victory), and Warren is a woman in a country of misogynists and arguably not as consistently progressive as Sanders has been in the past.

My hope is that Clinton lost for alienating progressive voters, non-voters and independents both because of her own actions and because she was the target of a constant stream of lies and attacks for pretty much her entire career, rather than only because she was a woman, and a more progressive woman with less of a vendetta leveled against her might fare better.

But really, who knows? The last election and following years have completely destroyed my ability to relate to or feel as though I could predict the behavior of my fellow Americans. The fact that undecided voters and non-voters even still exist after years of Trump just baffles me. Maybe they’ll vote for Trump because of their horoscope, or Warren because they like the color of her eyes, or Sanders because they glanced at an empty KFC bucket on the way to the polls.

1 Like

I’ve never voted R. I voted for Ralph Nader once. The first person I ever voted for was Jimmy Carter. That was the only presidential vote I ever made that, all in on the guy’s life, seems worthy of anything like pride in the process or seems now, in this present, as having had any legitimacy. Ever.

I would hate to be a young person now, believing in the power of a politician to make their life better. I was one of those once. I guess I’ve seen too much to grant legitimacy to any of them, really, though I hope Warren gets it.

2 Likes

Did it for Bernie last election, despite having an elderly father to take care of and two jobs to work. It worked out so great. I’ll pass on the tips, but thanks for the condescending assumptions, I guess.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.