Suggested improvements to BB RSS feed

I really wish BoingBoing’s layout didn’t keep putting 37 pages of graphics in the RSS feed. "Something I don’t want to read… scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll,

sigh…

scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, …"

You don’t like comics? You’re … You’re EVIL!!! EVIL, I says!

You can also press space to scroll a page at a time.

And ctrl+space to scroll up.

Really? How do you know what RSS reader I’m using? I’m using Commafeed fwiw and that doesn’t work.
Really this is a minor irritation, I just click BoingBoing again after moving a centimeter and it load the next article. It’s only irritating because it’s unnecessary. They’re just not putting in the break tags properly.

I was referring to any web browser. If you aren’t in a web-based system, then who knows.

But you should be. Web browser über alles!

I’m in a web based system. space does not scroll down. Even if it did though, as I said, it’s just sloppy posting that puts 17 pages of stuff on the RSS feed. The whole point of the RSS feed is to be brief, ideally less than a page. There are tags that should be used when posting to avoid this.

Actually, I think the sentiment (which I share) is that BoingBoing might be better served by doing a “more after the jump” in the RSS feed.
EDIT: Oh, and while I’m at it, I would like a link to the BBS topic in the RSS version of the article as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 1227 days. New replies are no longer allowed.