Summer Olympics 2024 - let the games begin!

I said it before about the gymnastics. I really don’t like the attitude of win whatever it takes that American athletes display. It’s not sportsmanlike

5 Likes

There have been some really stellar exhibitions of sportsmanship this Olympics. Between Biles and Chiles. Bowing to Andrade on the podium to how supportive the women throwers were for each other.

Lyles should have learned better from Biles and Chiles!

11 Likes

Covid is getting the press but the other story is Leslie Tebogo brought home the first ever gold for Botswana in that race.

15 Likes

I agree with you about Noah Lyles, but I respectfully disagree with you over the gymnastics. The gymnasts have a starting value based upon the difficulty of their routine. If the judges used the incorrect scoring baseline, it’s no unsportsmanlike to point this out and ask for an appeal. I feel for the Romanian gymnast, but these things happen a lot in international competition.

In the Women’s 5K, an Ethiopian runner (Gudaf Tsegay) tried to pushed her way in front of the Kenyan runner (Faith Kipyegon). Kipyegon wrapped her arm around the Tsegay to push her back and proceeded to finish in second place. The Ethiopian Track Federation lodged a complaint after race. The Olympic track officials immediately DQ’ed the Kenyan and the Ethiopian, which gave false hope to the Italian runner who came in 4th. Kenya appealed that decision and they reinstated Kipyegon’s second place finish, which was the correct call.

I also think that unsportsmanlike conduct isn’t limited to one country. Like Noah Lyles, Jakob Ingebrigtsen is a bit of an ass while his countryman Karston Warholm is a massive talent who is supercompetitive without acting like an ass.

High level competition brings out both the best and the worst of people.

12 Likes
7 Likes

the female wrestler Vinesh Phogat, was disqualified hours before her gold medal match for exceeding the 50kg restriction by the weight of a medium-sized banana (100 grams)

Just look at it!

9 Likes

QAA Podcast - Pilled Olympics (E288)
Every four years we gather in this sacred formation of circles to usher in our dark lord. Golden treasure is offered to the Satan Worshiper who can spin around the fastest on the Pommel Horse. Cursed podcast hosts break down the latest in Satanic Panic, Transvestigation, and Underwater Hockey Conspiracy Theories surrounding the 2024 Paris Olympics. How many times will Jake brag about having attended the X-games last year? Which sport tickles Travis’ fancy the most? What other melted conspiracy theories are churning in the shallow water during the hundred-meter freestyle? Join us… or perish.

2 Likes
9 Likes

We’re watching the artistic swimming.

Does anyone else think Ukrainian athletes should get bonus points because their training facility still has blown out windows?

9 Likes
7 Likes
13 Likes

A deserved win. It’s upsetting how, for the time being, it’s going to be tainted by absolutely horrid people.

9 Likes

Non-paywall link:

6 Likes

I can’t find a good video of it, but did anyone see the Australian woman in the breakdancing competition? It was interesting. More power to her for trying, but she was not good.

6 Likes

Hey, the Coriolis Effect goes the opposite direction in France!

7 Likes
8 Likes

They used him on the first leg a 4x 400 qualifier and he was goooooone, after like 50 meters there was no chance for the other teams.

3 Likes

I watched a couple steeplechases. I saw what you meant about your being weird for taking the obstacles like a hurdler. It was interesting to see the runners’ various styles in doing so, and none done it like a hurdler. :smiley:

3 Likes

It was great seeing Snoop tripping out over the horses’ transportation.

Emirates?! They fly Emirates??!! That shit is expensive!

7 Likes
6 Likes