Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

7 Likes

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RRA1071-4.html

10 Likes

I really hope that is a harbinger for the November election.

11 Likes

ETA

10 Likes

LOL, Boing Boing has more Trump articles per day now than when he was President - it’s kind of a scary trend (unless you’re a MAGAfacist)

Maybe if we just ignore him he’ll go away?? :roll_eyes:

Ridicule is a potent weapon against thin-skinned orange fascists.

9 Likes

What content generator can resist? He’ll generate clicks for at least another decade.

When I looked at CNN’s front page this morning to see if I’d missed anything big going on in the world, it was hard to find anything unrelated to Tromp and this trial. Biggest story yet this century, it seems. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

If only sunlight really were a disinfectant for Tromp. Seems like the opposite happens, though. The more attention he gets, the more he thrives, and thus the more attention he gets. I don’t see all the clickbaiting that he feeds disinfecting the stain on our public-sphere discourse that he is like, at all.

5 Likes

This is an instant poll from one of the local papers up here today:

As crazy at it seems, I think there are still some people out there who are getting swayed by the overwhelming and damning evidence of Trump’s character as his cases play out. I don’t get it, but shifting that needle little by little might end up being critical for the election.

9 Likes

I of course hope so. For a lot of people, it can’t be making him look good to hear, what seems like every other week or so, that he’s in court yet again. Hopefully, it’s only true believers who think it’s all because of persecution of him by the Derp State.

9 Likes

… I’m surprised “don’t plan to vote” is only at 2%

Maybe the pollsters tried to filter them out in advance but some got through anyway :thinking:

4 Likes

There’s no filtering, it’s just the instant poll on the website for a small-town paper in a pretty conservative area. It’s still up and the proportions are pretty much the same. The lack of non-voters is probably part of the inherent selection bias for reading the local newspaper.

5 Likes

… sounds legit

Actual non-voters are never less than 30%

4 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t trying to pass it off as a professional poll with proper sampling and all of that. Just something that’s possibly illustrative that there are some people out there that, for whatever reason, are still making up their minds. The criminal cases might change some minds.

5 Likes

the television show Law and Order did an episode focusing
on Robert Rundo’s far right fitness groups, the White Supremacist
to Active Clubs. To discuss, I am joined by longtime
far right researcher Molly Conger.

I have seen Free Rundo stickers in Helsinki. Nobody else will… Vitun runkkari.

5 Likes

Don’t think of it as us giving him attention.

Think of it as giving us ammunition to use when we have to interact with a 13 year old boy who thinks he’s a role model.

25 Likes

Like I needed another reason to ignore this guy. Who could possibly say shit like this if not just because he so desperately needs people to pay attention to him?

1 Like

Don’t bother squinting at this bellend, there is only one satisfactory answer.

5 Likes

I know trolley baiting when I see it

Stop giving nobodies the attention they crave, stop giving them space and notoriety

Every time he gets mentioned, every time he is linked, the algorithm gets refined and frankly I don’t want to start seeing this type of content as suggestion in my feed because Boing Boing is posting it

Just ignore and move on, let the courts do their job

4 Likes

I’m not sure that’s a viable approach any more with people like Tate. As frightening as it is to think there are lots of young adult men who listen to this nonsense, the terrifying reality is that an enormous number of young boys follow what he says, and most of those kids’ parents have no clue how awful he is.

The algorithm at issue isn’t really the old folks on bbs (no offense intended, but c’mon…) but the one shoveling this into 10-16 year old boys’ faces on TT and the like.

7 Likes