Sunset magazine suggests dosing your family with cannabis gravy at Thanksgiving

Too long, don’t try?

7 Likes

Was a typo, but I like your interpretation. All I will say is that it was like Billy Pilgrim, suddenly finding myself in random places and social situations all over town. Eventually woke up alone on someones lawn in an unfamiliar place. With a dead phone and no idea which direction to walk home.

6 Likes

By the way, don’t eat the figs.

3 Likes

I’ve seen at least one alt-righter on Twitter claim that weed made him more reactionary.

1 Like

Say what now?

Dude, I’m telling you, you should try that weed. It made me get way more reactionary!

For starters, I just don’t believe alt-right people talk that way. Second, if what you’re saying is true, then why aren’t most neo-Nazis also potheads?

5 Likes

This probably does not need to be said but…

It has no bearing on politics whatsoever. Weed doesn’t make anyone think anything. It’s not brain-controlling fungus.

8 Likes

But somewhere in this wide world there is a person who longs to talk about their white supremacy but is too anxious about how they will be judged. And weed is just waiting to melt that anxiety.

7 Likes

It still doesn’t put that thought in their head.

7 Likes

I would go see that band live based on just the name.

7 Likes

It’s a lot catchier than Entomophthora Muscae, that’s for damn sure.

7 Likes

I hear they’re opening for Ozzy the Rescue Weasel.

6 Likes

Ah yes, that is the band name used when the lead singer leaves the band to start a mega prog rock band that includes a full backing orchestra and no longer cares about being easily googled.

Ermegard that is one adorable weasel.

5 Likes

Yep. I’m kind of straight edge lite (I’m not against people enjoying what they enjoy, but I’m weird, difficult and easily confused enough without messing with my brain), and when I was younger once I got slipped MDMA of all things at a concert by some people I called my friends at the time. They said they always wondered what I was like when I’m high. And… yeah. Me, I wonder how some people can be so shitty.

To make it worse, I noticed as I was getting high, called the fuckers out, started to panic, etc., overall it was such an utterly shit experience. A (real) friend took me home and I rode it out but needless to say that was the end of my friendship with the rest of those dicks.

7 Likes

The note has now been updated to:
** Disclaimer: We are not seriously suggesting you dose your family (or anyone!) on Thanksgiving (or any day!). We’re simply offering up a bit of holiday humor—something we could probably all use a dose of this week. **

It’s OK everyone! They were just being funny!

8 Likes

I think most of us assumed it was intended that way from the start. But often enough the chain of events goes something like:

This thing is funny > funny things are harmless > hey watch me do this funny thing > something bad happens

So while I might be able to enjoy how funny it would be in theory to dose Uncle Jerkface but know better than to actually do it. Some people out there have a very thin membrane between thinking and doing also known as poor impulse control.

So it is poor judgement to write an article suggesting something funny with possible negative consequences without some sort of disclaimer saying don’t actually do this funny thing we just suggested you should do, you num nutz.

5 Likes

When I was younger, I was offered a joint before going to a Grateful Dead cover band concert, and kept thinking how weird it tasted. My friend’s dumbass friend grinned and admitted it was full of angel dust. I remember the concert being terrible, but everything was very sparkly and looked sort of concave. It was also the end of my friendship with that whole circle of stoners.

9 Likes

Unfortunately, there is a lag, so these can’t coincide. It just sounds like a recipe for eating way too much pie when I’m already full.

As for contentious holiday meals, I keep my arms-bearing pit-bull-loving God-fearing Trumpster family at least three states away at all times.

4 Likes

I had breakfast at a hippie chick’s housewarming once. Had to go in to work later, so I made sure to go light on the pot butter with my biscuits. Piled on the gravy though.

Mushroom gravy.

Did not make it in to work that day. I guess I should have assumed!

4 Likes

Tsk – please don’t lump pit bulls in as a signifier of “awful things that awful people love.” When fixed, properly trained, and in a loving home with limits set by responsible adults, a Trumpster can still be a productive, useful member of society. :smirk:

And seriously, pitties can be great dogs. Like Florida Man, there’s bad examples of every breed that make news, but pits can also be loving, loyal, cuddly goofballs. Mine’s snoozing away in her flannel pajamas right now, after failing to mooch leftover pie.

https://badrap.org

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.