Super Seducer is a Playstation/Steam game where players grab women's "boobs" and "asses"

I contend that from what I’ve seen of the game, it does that very thing.

This is a game where “grab her ass” is the wrong choice.

The introduction talks about “giving players a safe space to fail”, and so these insane options are offered to players in this totally absurd way. But if this game’s audience is actually going to pick an option like that, it doesn’t seem so crazy to let them do it and then immediately provide negative feedback.

So it’s got one semi-good thing about it. Unrelated, i’ve always wanted to try truffles, but if offered a meal with them marinaded in motor oil and then finely shredded over a feces base i think i’d forego the experience.

8 Likes

One thing that might help is if you put some non-link text inside the spoiler tag that contains the link. The problem with the mix of link and spoiler is that clicking to “despoilerize” it will activate the link as well.

5 Likes

I would have gone in for something like this when I was thirteen… this game is going to make a lot of money.
On some level I love the concept of edutainment social skills coaching. Imagine if a game like this were made by GOOD people.

1 Like

I don’t understand why anyone would be ok with being stopped on the street for a compliment, any more than they would be ok with being stopped on the street for money, or to sign a petition, or donate to the church or universal consciousness etc…
Unless you’re of the mindset that a woman must be receptive to a man’s attentions at all times and under all circumstances. Especially since you’re paying her a compliment (which she didn’t ask for) she then owes you her attention?
Reminds me of how street hucksters hand people something and then demand that they pay for said item…

10 Likes

I like the rule “don’t say anything to a woman on the street that you wouldn’t want another man to say to you in prison.”

10 Likes

:question:

It happened a few times that I was stopped on the street for a compliment. I found that enjoyable, actually. Your other examples, less so, but they are different: they don’t give, they take. I would not mind to be stopped on the street for giving me money, but it never happened. The closest was that I was given free samples, and I found that OK.

Now, I see what you mean, but the problem is not what you say. Genuine compliments, no string attached, are actually nice.

But the compliments given out here are not no strings attached. And really in general the ‘compliments’ given out to women at random are not compliments and definitely have strings attached.

12 Likes

Then maybe the solution would be if decent people started to compliment more often.

Maybe some people just want to walk down the street to their destination.

13 Likes

If you’re a guy the power dynamic changes the context dramatically. For example, guys are less likely to be valued solely based on their sexual attractiveness. They are also much, much less likely to be sexually harassed or assaulted, especially in public.

13 Likes

Stop, you’re making too much sense and being too empathetic.

If a dude thinks something isn’t a problem then it’s obviously not one, duh.

/s

22 Likes
7 Likes

If you can’t tell the difference between catcalling a woman and trying to start a conversation then there is no point in having this discussion at all.

This is what this dude is trying to show people, albeit starting from the other side of things.

giphy

9 Likes

BoingBoing, where diversity of opinion goes to die.

Oh lord you’re precious!

12 Likes

Again, when women are walking down the street to somewhere, they just want to get where they are going. It’s pretty arrogant of you to believe that whatever you have to say is so damn important, that a woman not wanting to be bothered, but to get where they are going, should be grateful that YOU interrupted her day to tell her what YOU think. It’s not about you or your intentions, it’s about letting other human beings go about their day unmolested.

But clearly, YOU think whatever YOU have to say to a woman is soooooo important, that YOU are entitled to stop them and tell them what YOU think. What do you think that you are so very special that you are entitled to do that?

15 Likes

This dude is a PUA and is showing creepers how to ‘do it right’, to get laid. Not to actually have a relationship, not to interact with women in a respectful way but to look at them as object in the game of life and getting laid is winning.
The name of the game is Super Seducer not Super ‘treat people with respect and courtesy’. The fact it is about seduction automatically makes it not about being nice, not about respect, not about being a good person. It is about how to get a woman in bed with you, not like you, not go out on dates and get to know one another just get laid.

19 Likes

This game doesn’t make any meaningful distinction between the two because the intent is the same; the only difference is the delivery.

One is “HEY THERE SEXY MAMA I BET YOU’D LOVE SOME OF THIS, WOULDN’T YOU?”

The other is “Hi there, Miss! I couldn’t help but notice that you exhibit several qualities I find sexually attractive, perhaps we could arrange a rendezvous for some mutually enjoyable fornication?”

12 Likes