Superstar gymnast Simone Biles to her critics: "I can’t hear you over my 7 olympic medals"

This hits different right after watching the new Matrix trailer…

1 Like

Simone is a real person doing these things, of course. The Matrix is a fictional universe.

2 Likes

Even if they could, there is a huge difference between doing gymnastics and doing Olympic standard gymnastics.

An example from another sport. An English pub league football team found themselves playing against a team who had some players who had been released from an ninth tier football team (the English Premier League is first tier). They made a few jokes about how they couldn’t be that good, before being played off the pitch. It turns out that semi-professional footballers put in a lot more work than a few people who like a kick-about before having a few pints at the pub.

6 Likes

Oh yes, I meant the other way. Watching Simone makes all the dreamed-up acrobatics in the Matrix look amateurish. Truth is more amazing than fiction in this case. One of the best Animatrix shorts is about a sprinter who runs so fast it turns out he’s actually breaking the rules of the Matrix, and agents come after him. Honestly, given how much wire-fu there is in the matrix, that same piece with a gymnast would have been more compelling.

4 Likes

Ah… I get your point! Thanks for clarifying! And yep, she’s just amazing.

african american news GIF by NowThis

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.