Supreme Court rules 6-3 against antivax air force officer

Originally published at: Supreme Court rules 6-3 against antivax air force officer | Boing Boing

19 Likes

Kind’a out of sympathy/empathy for any one denying Covid/Vaccine/Reality.

21 Likes

So when will he start his new gig as a Fox News military “expert”?

26 Likes

I’m kind of surprised that KavaNut and ACB went with the majority on this one.

11 Likes

Popped into the comments for exactly that thought. He’ll be a “tragic victim” and “expert” very shortly I’m sure.

6 Likes

9 Likes

As a lawyer, I’m frankly surprised there were 3 votes on the other side. Even given the procedural posture of the case. Thomas, sure.

8 Likes

FYI:

In a brief, two-sentence ruling on Monday, a majority of the court sided with the Pentagon. Three justices in the conservative majority – Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch – dissented.

7 Likes

This is one of those cases where conservative and progressive ideals are not necessarily at odds with each other. You gotta remember that “good soldiers follow orders” is very much in line with neoconservative mantra.

orders

7 Likes

“People outside the right (even those of us in the media who stare at it every day for a living) have not at all absorbed how total the culture war is to conservatives. They will burn everything down to win it—which is why they’re winning.”

Yup, astute observation.

10 Likes

Oh, you mean he lost his job.

And here I hoped thought that meant the Covid got him.

6 Likes

6 Likes

There’s only so many people Fox News can hire on as “expert” commentators. Being a high-profile anti-vaxxer just doesn’t cut it anymore.

2 Likes

Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch – dissented.

Im surprised the third was not Amy Barret.

3 Likes

This is all about dumb right wing identity politics. They view getting vaccinated as a zero sum game - they get vaxxed, they “lose”, or something. Same with wearing a mask.

2 Likes

Thomas: “gotta pwn the libs”
Alito: “don’t tread on me”
Gorsuch: “Xstianist freedoms”

2 Likes

It’s no good to them if they win—the whole point is to prolong it as long as possible, so they can get re-elected and keep cutting rich people’s taxes

1 Like

They aren’t ‘conservatives’!
Quit calling them that!
I normalizes them!
They are FASCISTS, pure & simple.

That process is well underway, with little notice being given by the MSM…outside of whatever temporary outrage might raise the ratings, of course.

And they will win, since the flaccid ‘leadership’ of the Democratic Party shows little inclination to do a damn thing about it.
Apparently they think they will be exempt from the fates the rest of us will face…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.