Surly surfer violating beach closure gets $1000 fine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/29/surly-surfer-violating-beach-c.html

10 Likes

20200228_220138

36 Likes

What a Patriot! He gave most of his $1200.00 back before even receiving it.

44 Likes

Tip- Don’t say “What are you going to do about it?” to someone who absolutely can and will do something about it.

48 Likes

Bitchin’.

7 Likes

5 Likes

And into a state that will dearly need it and cannot expect proportional federal support as this spreads.

To wit:

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder what skin tone he could possibly be. :thinking:

(clicks through)

Yup.

8 Likes

Beach doesn’t look exactly crowded. I go out for walks at night, I rarely see anybody and never come close to other people. Without evidence of proximity I don’t see a problem with what this surfer was doing.

6 Likes

9571402_orig

7 Likes

We all have to ask ourselves: What if everybody else would also do what I’m going to do? Almost everybody else acting responsibly should not be a excuse for you to do as you please.

24 Likes

Sure and thats the problem. One person goes to the beach, no problem. 10000 people go to the beach, then you have a problem. In the picture, there aren’t any other people on the beach.

7 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but who is he harming by surfing? Is he gonna give Coronavirus to the fish?

2 Likes

And everybody else didn’t go to the beach so this dude could surf in peace? Isn’t he special!?

27 Likes

Based on your link I’m guessing you think this happened in New York? Manhattan Beach is in California. Although I’m sure the administration will try to screw over California too.

7 Likes

still if not crowded why not limit the amount people on the beach like in grocery stores. anything that can absorb people and give them something to do relieves tension somewhere else I would think.

3 Likes

It’s not the surfing.
It’s the travel to the beach and ignorance of the social distancing rules in place for everyone so that less people die when pretty much the whole planet right now should be STAYING THE FUCK INDOORS.

25 Likes

Because acquiring food is vital to stay alive, so it’s necessary to put people at risk so everybody can get fed, while going to the beach is not essential.

15 Likes

It bet he wasn’t from Manhattan Beach.

LOCALS ONLY!!!

1 Like
2 Likes