Surprise! Paul Gosar nominates Andy Biggs to challenge Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker (video)

Originally published at: Surprise! Paul Gosar nominates Andy Biggs to challenge Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That’s right, Paul. You can do it… just a little further… keep fighting, Paul…

catfail3

29 Likes

I have no idea who Andy Biggs is, but if a Trumpist loon like Paul Gosar is for him, he must be awful.

28 Likes

McCarthy looks PISSED.

Delicious.

21 Likes

I was/am really hoping Nancy P made a semi-devil’s-bargain to put the full voting strength of the Dems up for a more reasonable R Speaker in exchange for actually accomplishing cross-aisle projects this year.

9 Likes

Not her job anymore… that’s up to Hakim Jefferies!

30 Likes

Just waiting for one of them to nominate the ghost of Hitler.

Any moment now…

13 Likes

They should settle the contest BY COMBAT!

15 Likes

Chair of the Freedom Caucus.

Awful is it’s other name.

18 Likes

Partner in crime?

23 Likes
16 Likes

Please clap

9 Likes

Wow, for the first time in 100 years the speaker vote goes to another round.

What a clusterfk!

13 Likes

This is even wilder than I first thought: McCarthy only had 4 Republican votes to lose, and he lost 19 of them. In addition to the 10 votes for Biggs, 6 went to Jim Jordan, along with individual votes for three other random members.

17 Likes

That would be great and is possible. I do think the GOP is going to have to sweat and suffer for a bit longer before any individual member comes around to publicly pursuing that possibility.

And it’s also worth noting that any GOP member who publicly supports giving Dems anything they want is going to face a huge backlash from their own party. Liz Cheney levels of backlash. It doesn’t matter what it is at this point. It could be a plan to avert a mad scientists from creating antimatter world-destroying Hulks - if a Democrat is for it, a good GOP cult member must be against it.

It might even end up being better for McCarthy’s career if he loses becoming speaker, than if he wins with Democratic support.

13 Likes

Andy Biggs doesn’t have as high a profile as Paul Gosar, but he’s cut from the same cloth and is just as awful. Unfortunately, he’s also my congressman.

14 Likes

Who could have guessed that the Chimps Flinging Poo caucus would…well, OK, yes I guess you could have guessed that.

14 Likes

Someone should suggest Liz Truss.

18 Likes

Skip straight to the head of lettuce.

28 Likes

If you have a choice of heads of state, why not skip while you have a head?

6 Likes