Surreal on many levels, enjoy this commercial for spray-on maple syrup

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/15/surreal-on-many-levels-enjoy.html

4 Likes

I am officially stupefied by this product.

5 Likes

Dan Savage recently took a letter from a guy who could only get off on the smell of maple syrup. Looks like this product was invented just for him.

8 Likes

I am just thinking about how the shaving gel nozzle gets caked up. Now imagine it with stuff that will solidify into rock.

13 Likes

Seems like it would be a better fit for honey than syrup.

2 Likes

For people too lazy to watch the video here’s the money shot

… I need a shower.

12 Likes

“Organic”? “GRADE A”? “Maple”? I’m disappointed, America. I expect artificially flavored food product in my American food innovations.

I’m not sure when I had that revelation that most syrups don’t say “maple” on them at all. There must be a labeling regulation out there about it. So kudos to this weird product for actually having the real thing at least! image

3 Likes

Amateur…

23 Likes

America, please don’t change. We like laughing at you just the way you are!

Sincerely, your northern neighbour.

16 Likes

I mean with you. Totally mean with you. Please don’t shoot me.

21 Likes

But did you catch some of the “serving suggestions” near the end? I may or may not be having Cheerios with (regular non-pressurized) maple syrup for dinner tonight.

2 Likes

No waste, eh?

I guess the can just disappears when it’s empty.

10 Likes

A healthy part of this complete aerosol breakfast.

13 Likes

This makes no sense - I don’t get it. Is it a weird joke? It’s not a serious product, but it’s not particularly funny as a joke either.

There are plenty of products that don’t initially make sense to me because they’re aimed at a different market - different tastes, different accessibility needs (which leads to a lot of seemingly silly designs). But not this. It’s a liquid - it’s easier to just pour it out of a bottle. Whatever problems exist in pouring it out of a bottle are multiplied by this design; this is less accessible. Look at everyone concentrating to avoid spilling it everywhere (in particular the kid); you know there were many outtakes where the syrup went everywhere but where it was supposed to.

3 Likes

I was expecting something as horrible as spray cheeze.

Grade A Amber color seems legit.

6 Likes

take-off-eh

6 Likes

I prefer Grade B, which is now Grade A Very Dark, I guess. Upgrade! If you prefer Grade A Light Amber, you don’t like maple syrup.

8 Likes

I agree. But I was expecting maple-oid substances that had to be misspelled for legal reasons.

4 Likes

Oh, thank God! I was getting so freaking tired of pouring syrup using the conventional method. Too much wrist bending and not enough button pressing, I always say!

3 Likes

Syrup fight!!!

3 Likes