Swedish TV chefs celebrate cheez doodles day, but something goes terribly wrong on-air

[Permalink]

2 Likes
11 Likes

Børk! Børk! Børk!

21 Likes

Most important during a kitchen fire: Never turn off the range! That would just be stupid. :confounded:

4 Likes

Somebody has GOT to dub this with The Swedish Chef! Bork Bork Bork!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, at that point I would have shouted those words and thrown the pan behind me and moved on…

7 Likes

I can’t see the video at the moment, leaving me to contemplate what a perfectly tantalizing headline that is. It stimulates one’s natural curiosity without being directly confrontational or insulting (e.g. “You won’t believe what happens when Swedish TV chefs celebrate cheez dooldes day!” or “Swedish TV chefs celebrated cheez doodles day. What happened next made my jaw drop!”) and leaves me thinking of simpler times.

4 Likes

I can haz concern-troll against camera person for continuing to film the fire?

Can someone explain to me why they were trying to cook snack food?

8 Likes

I waited til the very end to see if one of the chefs themselves suddenly caught on fire. They didn’t, and I’m glad they didn’t, but I liked the suspense.

2 Likes

And why they had such trouble keeping more than 60% of it in the pan…

6 Likes

Yeah. I’m wondering what the thought process was: “I am not skilled enough to keep this snack food in a pan using a basic spatula… so obviously I need to move onto the advanced technique of shaking and flipping it in the pan…”

6 Likes

It’s like watching someone try to fry a pan full of styrofoam balls. Minus the toxic fumes and napalmy meltyness, but otherwise quite similar.

3 Likes
  1. Lucky for them, it’s a ceramic cook top: very easy to clean with a scraper.

2. The flip technique is much easier to actually do than it seems to. Don’t flip, just shake horizontally once. The pan’s edge will do the flipping for you. G’head, try it.

1 Like

I thought for sure that the newspapers on the counter would be next.

“Speerden veerden börngen Stärzen Fläämben.”

2 Likes

… I am so confused, what was she cooking? some sort of cheesy poof snack? What was she steaming? Cheesies?

1 Like

You’re all missing the point: CHEEZ DOODLES DAY IS A THING. Why are we not celebrating it?

PS: Man, I need to try making cheez doodles at home.

4 Likes

The best part was that the lady swore on live television when she was trying to put out the flames.

3 Likes

Pics. And a thread, pls.

4 Likes