Syfy makes all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica free to stream online

I still think it’s better than most shows - but yeah - it seems to lose its way. The Expanse on the other hand…

2 Likes

I know! It’s right up there as one of my faves, too.

2 Likes

So s…eh? we all! Just watched episode 1 for the first time in a few years (via VPN). Still gives me chills how fracking good it is.

2 Likes

Fun fact, BSG is the only thing I’ve ever received a C&D order for downloading illegally. Because after that, I found out what I was doing wrong.

5 Likes

I’ve always thought it was a bold choice to end the show right after the awesome setpiece rescue from New Caprica, and not explore what happened after that or reveal whether they ever found Earth.

1 Like

At the time this aired I thought it was the boldest examination on mainstream TV of authoritarian responses to “terrorism” and how societies were subverted by othering out groups. I loved it.

Also I was obsessed with Mormon history at the time so that helped.

1 Like

Season 3 starts off like gangbusters with a nice SF take on occupation/terrorism. But after that, it was a express train to nonsense.

It was one of the only shows at the time which really got “9/11”. Especially the little things in response like the walls of pictures of those “missing”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips, got me troubleshooting.
I use chrome cast and I guess my chrome browser has a setting somewhere that is blocking Syfy streaming. Searched in settings for an hour and couldn’t figure it out.

Downloaded the Android syfy app which is able to cast, and now streaming away happily. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.