Synagogue vandalism suspect is accountant with a master's degree

Even native Chicagoans Chigacoans don’t realize the Sun-Times is still a thing.

2 Likes

Here’s my plan…

1. Invent FTL drive.
  2. PR campaign to the racists about how they can live on another world free from “those” people.
  3. Load them on the one way ship, send them on their way.
  4. Live the rest of my days in peace with people who don’t buy that racist bullshit.
11 Likes

That’s too bad. And no, some of us didn’t think this was an anachronism. Some of us were well aware that these sort of race hatred had not disappeared, but was alive and well and never went away, even if some people had the privilege to ignore it.

Maybe think about what you post before you post it and imagine how it might sound to others. If you really don’t care, then fine. But if you maybe do, just stop for a second and think about what you’re posting.

15 Likes

Maybe widen your horizons a bit and talk to others about the challenges they face in life?

7 Likes

Okay, man. Whatever you say. Have a good one.

7 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha… SOBsob…

YOU may have believed such, but those of us who have to live with this shit know that antisemitism didn’t somehow end in 1945.

16 Likes

Sir, it represents the duality of man, sir!

17 Likes

4 Likes

You see, I’d debate with you, but you’ve already outed yourself as an antisemite with a victim complex before you got banned the first time, and I’ve already dealt with another one like you this week that believes in the Protocols Of The Learned Elders Of Zion, and I don’t have the spoons for dealing with you too. Your claims that you never got exposed to the virulence of modern antisemitism falls flat when, the day you got banned the first time, we had a topic on this very forum regarding Stormfront. So have fun in your walled garden where you can ignore what’s in front of you while claiming that you can’t see it.

21 Likes

Kid: Mommy why are people assholes?
Mom: You’ll understand when you’re older, Jimmy.

10 Likes

Dude… I was raised in rural GA. I still managed to run across PBS shows on the Holocaust and Jim Crow south somehow. I was also able to see segregation still largely in effect, to hear people saying ignorant things about Jews (and Catholics), and to feel how women are treated. In fact, one could say that the prejudices some are subjected to in daily life can be seen and felt more keenly in less cosmopolitan places.

28 Likes

On a side note,[quote=“Chicago Sun Times, post:1, topic:96510”]
Wright…later received a master’s degree in accounting from DePaul University.

…Wright’s father — a retired investment banker — owns a five-bedroom, six-bathroom house with a three-car garage in west suburban Oak Brook.
[/quote]

So he didn’t have to rob Peter to pay DePaul.

(not trying to make light of the act itself. I’m glad they caught him.)

8 Likes

This account is banned for beating its own dead horse.

33 Likes

And getting horse intestines on the rest of us in the process?

All hail the mods!

26 Likes

Plenty of people who grow up in less than cosmopolitan settings reject the provincial bigotry they grew up with, usually at the cost of moving away. The ones I’ve met are intelligent and empathetic and intellectually honest enough not to pretend that the only kinds of bigots are comic-book villains or that racial issues were resolved with the election of an African-American President, let alone in the 1960s.

If you want to make excuses for bigots and downplay their effect on society, don’t expect them to be well-received, whether inside or outside of the urban hipster enclaves that you seem to believe are the only venues for the “avante garde of cultural progress” (AKA rejecting racism).

[ETA: I see you’ve been banned. Time to scuttle off to your usual haunts to whinge about “liberal fascism” and your First Amendment rights being violated by the meanies at BoingBoing]

11 Likes

Oh, banned? Nevermind.

6 Likes

That’s because you have a drive to learn about, and not a drive to dismiss, that which is different from you.

4 Likes

Glad I dodged that!

5 Likes

*offers @cameronh1403 a side of horse-liver and a flank cut *

It’s very tenderized, but not kosher. :wink:

12 Likes

Maybe. It just seemed plainly obvious to me that racism, antisemitism, etc, was still a thing. Seeing the KKK hanging out down the street from my house in robes probably helped. Also, stories about “sundown” counties still being a thing in this case, it wasn’t my county, but one closer to ATL, Forsyth. There was a book about that recently:

8 Likes