Syringes filled with vaginal tightening gels intercepted by US border patrol

Originally published at: Syringes filled with vaginal tightening gels intercepted by US border patrol | Boing Boing

2 Likes

They were expecting a looser point of entry.

15 Likes

FWIW sometimes even knowing what you are inserting can be fraught with problems.

9 Likes

比凯格尔运动更好 (Better than kegel exercise.)

2 Likes

required the user to wear chemical resistant gloves when handling

WFT!!!?

9 Likes

Ummm,

HOLY SHIT!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOOOOO!!!

how high wtf GIF

18 Likes

PSA for insecure or worried women out there: these flat out do not work. They are always a scam. Using something like this can indirectly and directly cause vaginal, pelvic, and urinary infections, and can make sex painful while your itchy eroded vagina heals slowly from your sad self-experimentation.

If you are absolutely dead set on changing your vagina try prescribed estrogen creams and or laser/surgical options through a real doctor.

14 Likes

Or alternatively, if your partner is encouraging you, suggest that they consider penis enlargement.
Think outside the box.

20 Likes

I see what you did there.

15 Likes

This sounds like a potentially painfully bad idea!

2 Likes

So this is another case of Americans wishing to use drugs instead of exercise.

More seriously, I had no idea that this is a thing, and now I will try to forget that is is.

1 Like

Despite their full confession, the intended recipients of the shipment were still somehow described in police reports as ‘tight-lipped’

3 Likes

Just the thought of being anywhere near that stuff makes my orifices tighten.

1 Like

And even these are super sketchy, but great income streams. The linked article addresses specifically the marketing of these “rejuvenation” procedures to cancer survivors who experience menopausal type symptoms, but the evidence is that they are useless in general.

7 Likes

Just a point of clarification. It’s U.S. Customs and Border Protection, not U.S. Customs and Border Patrol. Border Patrol is a sub-office of CBP. Border Patrol is responsible for security between the ports, while the CBP Office of Field Operations is responsible for security at the ports. This seizure was made by OFO, not BP.

4 Likes

No. It’s another manifestation of the shitty state of “healthcare” in the US.

Postpartum care covered by insurance in the US does not include pelvic floor therapy. It’s expensive, prohibitively so for most. That also assumes being able to take time off from work to go, because if insurance isn’t paying for it, good luck getting medical leave or PTO approved for it. Oh, and don’t forget that there is effectively no maternal leave either.

So when “influencers” :nauseated_face: start shilling about vaginal “rejuvenation” there is a ready audience of people hoping for a quick fix to a problem caused by lack of access to appropriate care. It’s perfectly normal desperation.

7 Likes

I get the feeling these would end up at a sketchy house in St. Paul, on the kitchen table next to full ashtrays, cell phones and TV remotes. Come on in and have a seat… my son will be helping… $40 cash upfront… I’m not a doctor but this will make you’ll look beautiful. I can also do some Botox for an extra $20. Are you interested in permanent eyebrow tattoos? I bought a machine off Amazon for that too. “JEREMY!! take your sister downstairs, momma needs to concentrate.” - lights up another cig.

3 Likes

Or just…

Internet Win GIF

2 Likes

Very versatile stuff. Using it tightens your vagina, thinking about the possible
side effects tightens your anus.