T-shirt and jeans is not the Mandalorian way

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/24/t-shirt-and-jeans-is-not-the-mandalorian-way.html

2 Likes

That was me time traveling from 1957.

8 Likes

Looks like they’re wearing a fitness tracker, too. Is the real reason Tarken chose Alderaan over Dantooine was so that he could get his steps in?

4 Likes

I don’t know the provenance of this image, but give them time and I’m sure this will become canon…

28 Likes

It is if you never take them off.

2 Likes

We don’t get a good look at his face; he could just as easily be a Twi’lek in t-shirt and jeans.

6 Likes

Gafferian?

3 Likes

Likely either that or a Gripian.

3 Likes

The real discontinuity is why isn’t everyone else wearing t-shirts. If you live on a space ship, where careful temperature control is a matter of life and death, then the outfit of the day is not going to be layers of leather-like body armor. You’re going to dress more like the crew of the ISS.

3 Likes

Scripty must have been asleep

Denim might not be Star Wars canon, but we’ll always have cable knit to keep us warm.

10 Likes

Maybe the guy was a Mandalorian who hadn’t earned his armor yet? You have to start somewhere. :briefs:

3 Likes

. Denim has always had universal appeal…

3 Likes

I hear Mandalorian denim is the best denim in the galaxy.

5 Likes

These aren’t civilian ships we’re looking at. So they would run the temperature that’s most comfortable for the bulk of the crew which are all wearing body armor.

Also, Star Wars has never been or wanted to be hard sci-fi. Internal consistency is what matters, and concerns about convection currents don’t really fit in films about death stars and space wizards.

1 Like

Incorrect! Luke was wearing white Levi’s during the whole original movie.

http://eatsleepdenim.com/blog/uncategorized/luke-skywalker-wore-levis-in-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope/

5 Likes

Well I’ll be a Skywalker’s extra crispy uncle! I had no idea. It beats wearing a gold bikini.

3 Likes

I wonder if the crew member will now have to be compensated for appearing in the episode. What’s the pay scale for non-speaking background actors nowadays?

In Austin, TX 5 years ago, it was about $60 take-home pay per 8-hour day.