Tapper presses Tillerson on "moron" claim

I couldn’t care any less if he called him a moron. He probably did, because Trump truly is a moron. There are other, more important issues to focus on though.

1 Like

Actually, though, on closer reading…the Vox article is ambiguous about whether Trump wants 32,000 new nukes (on top of the existing 4,000) or if he wants 32,000 total nukes.

The third paragraph implies the first, the eleventh para implies the second.

Somehow I doubt Turnip’s grasp of basic math. Some psychology research has shown that small children only understand more or less on an intuitive lograrigthmic scale, which is to say that instead of counting in discreet intervals, they instinctively multiply. Animals may do the same. Adults humans do this too past a certain level. Most of us can’t really visualize more than a few hundred of something if we don’t concentrate, our mind simply gives up or reverts to geometric thinking.

Of course most educated adults also understand actual formal arithmetic to help us if we really want to calculate large numbers, and the base-10 system makes it fairly straightforward since we can mentally break it down into smaller problems for each number places of each relevant significant figure, first doing the thousands, then the hundreds, then the tens, then the ones, or even starting bigger as long as we can hold the results in our head.

The less mentally disciplined someone is, the less likely they’ll bother using arithmetic. Frankly, I have my doubts that Cheetolini even can do mental arithmetic above the tens place, but I’m virtually positive he’s too lazy to.

TL;DR - President Spraytan’s too stupid for me take his use of mathematics seriously. One only prays Kelly, Mattis, Tillerson and the Pentagon also understand this and don’t actually try to stockpile 32,000 new nukes. So I dearly hope they all regard him as a fucking moron.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.