Target sore muscles with this adjustable handheld massager that's over 50% off

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/target-sore-muscles-with-this.html

1 Like

I may be misremembering my Victorian newspaper euphemisms, but none of this is actually about sore muscles, is it?

23 Likes

If only they had one that was wand shaped and worked like magic.

24 Likes

Does this work on chronic Brexit Fatigue?

8 Likes

The settings go all the way from relaxing tingle up to full on Chuck Tingle.

12 Likes

Don’t mix up the adjustable handheld massager with the eerily similar nail gun.

16 Likes

At least Hitachi seems to be trying to clarify the distinction between their massager and construction tool branding.

5 Likes

How can I target sore muscles if it’s always 50% off?

14 Likes

I think it looks like something from Space: 1999. Which is cool.

5 Likes

REAL business. Like, 7am meeting business. Gettin’ things done business. I’ll fax you those PST reports asap business. PDQ, IKR, business.

You can also use it to wank, we suppose.

Wink wink.

5 Likes

Sorry not sorry

2 Likes

I actually saw an article in a PT journal (I think from the 50’s or 60’s) that was about how to adapt a belt sander into a hand held massager.

5 Likes

That sort of thing takes grit.

7 Likes

I recall an article about that ending very, very poorly.
https://darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-10.html

1 Like

Sounds rough.

1 Like

It kind of has a retro-future vibe.

4 Likes

A few months ago I got a knock-off of the Hitachi Magic Wand, it is cheaper, and it seems fine, though I don’t know about how long it will last. I did buy it to relax muscles, not stimulate them.

A few years ago I bought a big percussive massager, and it failed after a few years of sporadic use. (I think the cord broke after it went into the machine, but no easy way to open it up.)

1 Like

My wife and I both have muscle issues that really could benefit from the use of a massager. But we also have teeangers, which is what keeps us from buying one, even for entirely anodyne uses, because squick factor.

1 Like

$170? AHHHHahahahaha!

3 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like