Ted Cruz is mad that Big Bird got vaccinated

cats twinkle tush GIF by Digg

18 Likes

Bearing false witness.

6 Likes

I think it’s been long enough to post this again.

25 Likes

How many people have to die before the Republican party will stop using the pandemic to cravenly score cheap political points?

More, apparently. Many, many more.

6 Likes

Elmo would just turn around and punch Ted in his non-existent dick and balls.

4 Likes

The Dunning-Ted-Cruzer Effect

3 Likes

They’ve been targeting Sesame Street in general and Big Bird specifically since at least 2012, probably a lot longer. “Mitt Romney wants to kill Big Bird” even became one of the memes that helped Obama sail to reelection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/big-bird-in-the-presidential-debate-mitt-romney-advocates-cutting-funding-for-sesame-street-pbs/2012/10/04/f7f280ba-0e1f-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html

15 Likes

People who force school children to recite a fascist pledge of allegiance to the flag and God say what about Big Bird? Yeah, screw them. When they stop trying to indoctrinate children into the cult of right-wing christo-fascist patriotism, I’ll consider whether or not they have a worthy opinion.

13 Likes

Oooohhh Snap! Seasame Street is throwing some mad shade at the “I do my own research” Joe Rogan anti-vaxxers.
(It starts at the 1:10 point.)

Surgeon General: “… your body can protect you from these bad germs.”
Elmo: “Oh, good! So Elmo doesn’t need a vaccination.”
SG: “Well, not exactly; in order for your body to fight those germs it needs information.”
Elmo: “Elmo has information on his computer. Elmo will go get it.”
SG: “Whoa, hold on there you stupid bag of fluff, that’s not what I mean. Stop being such a dumbass anthropomorphic piece of carpet.”*

*I may have paraphrased this last sentence.

12 Likes
15 Likes

As a cross between a swan and a cassowary, Big Bird can break your arm with his wing, then kick your heart out through your spine while disembowelling you.

18 Likes

NB: All outrage, all the time. Perpetual victimhood is the brand now.

5 Likes

9 Likes

The Republican party will use the pandemic to score cheap political points right up to the minute they can score more cheap political points pointing out how bad the democrats’ handling of the pandemic was.

I expect to see outrage that the virus was allowed to run rampant in conservative communities with no access to the vaccine while immigrants were given the vaccine for free.

13 Likes

index

30 Likes

Awww, man, why you want to do that to The Count? That is unkind!

Sesame Street Muppets GIF by ABC Network

21 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Count is the Zodiac Killer.

3 Likes

They already did that one, actually.

7 Likes

Conservatives have long hated Sesame Street and PBS. It made them angry that PBS got gov’t funding, and they cut the budget until PBS was forced to have advertising. ronnie rayguns and shrub, jr wanted to defund PBS. merkin von bankrupt hates PBS, and esp Sesame Street b/c they made fun of him, and created a not even thinly veiled von bankrupt Grouch-y muppet.

16 Likes

Also the show was hated in the late 60’s/Early 70’s South for having an integrated cast. Segregationists were still fighting their last battle against bussing and public schooling. (See the book and documentary “Street Gang”)

15 Likes