Ted Cruz said his daughters demanded a vacation so he had no choice but to flee Texas during a deadly arctic blast

He’s a partially-melted animated human butter-sculpture rolled in pubic hair. He can’t even weasel properly without sliming his family.

1 Like

“I’m temporarily abandoning my duties as a civil servant to spend more time with my family. In Cancun.”

7 Likes

Honestly, if I were in Texas I’d be getting out of the state with this happening, too. Anyone who has the ability to leave, and isn’t in a position to directly help should probably do so. Every person who gets out of the state - even the rich ones - is one less person who may end up needing emergency resources.

As a Senator, the only thing Ted could do on-site in Texas was divert resources while he does photo ops. The only area he could really help is in logistics, PR, and trying to get emergency relief funding - all of which he could be doing from a cell phone in a beach house in Cancun. If he’d just gotten on the phone and been doing what he can from there, I don’t think anyone would have given him much flack for it past the first round. Now he’s making excuses and telling lame lies to try recover, and that is going to be what gets him in trouble.

That one with the dog is very sad.

I saw an interview with a mother who was talking (crying) with Anderson Cooper yesterday. She has three kids and the oldest is immune-compromised so going to a packed shelter is out. I think they’re also worried about losing their insulin to fluctuating temperatures. It was gut-wrenching.

19 Likes

It really fucking is. And Abbott spending his time trying to lay blame on wind turbines instead of doing his fucking job infuriates me… Cruz jetting off to Cancun, too.

Does Texas do recalls?

26 Likes

Hey, being a single parent is very difficult, so of course he had to …

Hold on, I’m getting an update.

Oh. Never mind.

5 Likes

Throwing his daughters under the bus is pretty low, but I’m sure it fools nobody.

People don’t like him because he is likable (his voters don’t like him much either as a person), his voters like him because of his support of shitty far-right policy.

8 Likes

Cruz’s daughters loathe him. There’s no way they asked him to go on vacation with him.

6 Likes

That bag’s so big for a day trip so he can pack all the cans of Fop he needs for his hair. He’s no Dapper Dan man, dammit.

6 Likes

100% true, but the optics of him leaving are pretty bad. The fact that he couldn’t see that upfront says a lot about his judgement.

6 Likes

Yeah, for some reason I’m not buying “I always listen to women and do what they ask me to.” as a reason why Ted Cruz did something.

15 Likes

Oh, certainly. I’m just saying the fact that he didn’t own it, and is now trying to pin blame on his daughters, and make up lame excuses that are obviously lies is going to hurt him much more than if he just admitted that it was cold and everyone who can afford to get out should. (Note: Everyone who can afford to leave leaving would actually reduce pressure on the electrical grid and emergency services, so it wouldn’t even be a bad thing to try push).

1 Like

unfortunately, sadly, tragically no.

8 Likes

Still…pandemic. Probably ill-advised to go anywhere else, anyway.

15 Likes

he’s a republican, in his head he’s constantly saying-- “fuck a bunch of this pandemic bullshit.”

9 Likes

Very true. Only the wealthy are able to escape to somewhere more tolerable. If you’re a poor or working class Texan, forget about it.

The idea that it helps with the allocation of resources is silly because the restoration of power isn’t going to suddenly leapfrog the wealthy enclaves for the economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.

12 Likes

well, Beto O’Rourke is doing more and he hasn’t left the state:

22 Likes

Somebody should write a contemporary version of The Decameron/Chaucer’s Tales. Maybe framed around a group of Tech Bros escaping to a bunker in New Zealand…

10 Likes

And surely those warming centers and food pantries could use another set of hands. A real leader would be in the he field when he’s not on the phone rattling some cages to get shit done.

11 Likes
15 Likes