Watch: Ted Cruz seems to think sexual assault is just part of being a teen

Originally published at: Watch: Ted Cruz seems to think sexual assault is just part of being a teen | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Nice self report, Ted.

32 Likes

I think it is a good time to investigate Ted’s past. Not that sexual assault is a dealbreaker for a Texas Republican official. But it will keep Ted occupied enough that he won’t have time to harm the country in his elected position.

28 Likes

I’ve seen few public figures as eager as Cancun Cruz is to lean into his loathsome reputation whenever given the chance.

26 Likes

I was going to post that gif of Ted trying to kiss his daughter at a campaign event but upon looking at it again it’s way too creepy and I don’t want to subject anyone else to that clip ever again.

This one is far less creepy:

25 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.13.37 PM

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.15.08 PM

14 Likes

So, is he auditioning for the role of Lead Tit here?

17 Likes

12 Likes

“People here will not bring up the topics I am bringing up to score political points for political points like I’m doing here.”

20 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

17 Likes

As I am also a parent of teen girls, I do hope that someday I’m on a flight somewhere and I get to shake his hand and give him a hug. Sorry folks, I don’t know how his neck got broke.

21 Likes

10 Likes

I do not believe for a second that Ted Cruz or any other Republican would hesitate to delve into Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson‘s so-called “teenage dating habits” if she was credibly accused of sexual assault.

28 Likes

Well, it’s not like anyone believes Ted Cruz gives a damn about his daughters. So what if they get assaulted? They’re not Ted Cruz, and that’s who Ted Cruz really cares about.

12 Likes

We’ve seen it too often to laugh it off as hyperbole.

23 Likes

Actually, he would care, because his worldview says that children and women are not independent beings, but are instead “property” of the men in their life. He would care how it reflected on him and he would care that his “property” had been violated… not that his daughters were hurt or abused.

19 Likes

No wonder his own children recoil from his touch.

13 Likes

Poor Ted, his daughter won’t give him the same type of relationship Daddy Trump has with Ivanka. /s

10 Likes

33 Likes

Ted didn’t seem to mind when Trump denigrated his “property” by repeatedly mocking Heidi Cruz’s appearance during the 2016 campaign. So perhaps he’d be OK with someone assaulting his daughters so long as the person doing the assault was a prominent Republican.

18 Likes