Heidi Cruz texted friends about the family's Ritz Carlton Cancun trip, blowing Ted's cover

Originally published at: Heidi Cruz texted friends about the family's Ritz Carlton Cancun trip, blowing Ted's cover | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I was the first one here who picked up on the whole “blaming the teenage daughters” angle being full of it

18 Likes

This WaPo article is a fun summary of the events.

It mentions that an airlines reporter confirmed with a source at United Airlines that Cruz was originally booked for a Saturday return:

Nice scoop, but a bit alarming that a journalist could get that kind of private info from an airline. Everyone seemed willing to open up on this story just for the pleasure of dumping on Cruz.

15 Likes

First to post, but we all knew it when we first heard it. :wink:

That’s called “investigative journalism.” And if they couldn’t get that kind of private info, we’d never know what deeply troublesome stuff our politicians are getting up to. While in this case Cruz’s actions aren’t actively harming anyone, it certainly speaks plainly to the mindset of the GQP. “We don’t have to suffer, but the rest of you should for the good of our economy and freedoms.” Perfectly appropriate to dig that info up and present it to the public.

27 Likes

The poor guy’s been away from the sea too long. He’s like the Little Mermaid if she were repulsive in every way.

11 Likes

“Disgusting” Ted Cruz fatberg removed [I hope] from US Senate sewer

FIFY

24 Likes

Even airline workers know that he’s about as pleasant as a bag of slugs.

A Compendium of People Who Hate Ted Cruz’s Guts. And this is four+ years old.

And don’t forget Al Franken, who said:

"I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz,”

You can buy the pint glass:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/520210-ted-cruz-mocks-al-franken-over-i-hate-ted-cruz-pint-glass

11 Likes

Between aiding an insurrection against the US government and ditching his constituents during a crisis, I’d say this craven pandering asshole has pretty poor judgement. Probably shouldn’t be a senator… or dog catcher… or fry cook.

24 Likes

“It was just never my intention to in any way, shape or form to share in that suffering. I am Very Important Person, and not a peon like you pleebs!”

25 Likes

right!?

getting cruz out of the senate for vacationing while letting him skate by for sedition feels a bit like taking down the mob on their taxes…

but i’ll take it.

22 Likes

The text messages came directly from someone who is close enough to be part of a private group chat. That neighbour is someone that Heidi Cruz might have considered a close friend. The backstabbing politics of suburban parents can be ruthless, and seems to be more effective than real politics.

23 Likes

When he was leaving the Cancun airport, and before this story broke, some people noticed that there was a Ritz Carlton employee standing next to him (maybe a driver). Perhaps one of the inevitable frenemies on Heidi “Marie Antoinette” Cruz’s exclusive little group text saw it and figured the cat was out of the bag already.

I don’t know if Texas GOP voters will react badly enough to Ted’s arrogant stupidity to kick him out of office (probably not) but I like to think that his daughters are disgusted by his trying to use them as human shields in such a publicly humiliating manner.

5 Likes

Arguably showing even less concern for Covid transmission than the White House, and that’s saying something.

17 Likes

It could also be that the person who leaked the texts was actually pissed off at the utter callousness of the Cruz family taking a trip in the middle of a state-wide emergency, where people were in real danger, given that he is their senator… :woman_shrugging:

25 Likes

Also speaks to how popular the Cruz’s are with those close enough to be considered “friends.”

15 Likes

They’re 12 and 10. That’s not teenagers.

15 Likes

Seeing the pandemic recede to being a non-issue in this media narrative certainly bodes well for our political will to defeat the coming variants.

2 Likes

I stand corrected

3 Likes

(Apologies to David Attenborough)

Here we find a “Texas Weasel” it it’s natural habitat… a big pile of bullshit.

9 Likes

Or, in short, everyone hates Ted Cruz.

7 Likes