Ted Cruz says airline captains and flight attendants can’t resist hugging him

I’ve lived adjacent to DC for 35 years and can confirm. I worked for 8 years at a university in DC, and I am still a frequent visitor. And I’m sick of hearing that “DC is a transient population.” Most of the adults I know have lived here for decades. DC deserves 2 senators, legislative independence, and at least one representative. Whether we want to call that statehood or something else is, sadly, not up to the residents of DC.

16 Likes

Hugs are when the arms go around the body, not the hands around the neck, Ted.

20 Likes

The United States has pressured senators to resign from office for this behavior.

I would like to see Al Franken interview the flight crew to get their side of the story. The results would be worthy of a Lincoln project exposé.

7 Likes

Sorry to rain on everyone’s parade, but my son’s an FA, and he says most of the pilots working for his airline are ardent Republicans. Many of the older FAs are also conservative. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Lyin’ Ted had received a hug or two. If it eases the sting a bit, I’m sure he’s inflating the number of actual hugs by several factors. And even that imaginary number pales next to the number of FAs who’d like to punch his face.

6 Likes

“For some reason they also keep calling me ‘Grandpa’, I guess it’s the grey in my beard.”

munster

7 Likes

The Democratic Party has pressured senators (Al Franken) to resign from office for that behaviour. Republican senators can, do, and brag about engaging in worse behaviour with zero consequences.

6 Likes

Fail Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

11 Likes

It’d be like hugging a trash bag of mashed potatoes rolled in pubic hair.

8 Likes

GOP: “Our lies aren’t even remotely believable these days!”
Ted Cruz, paying attention: “People want to hug me!”

10 Likes

Vomit Eww GIF by The Bachelor Australia

7 Likes

what are the republicans going to protest about when we finally don’t need masks anymore for real

1 Like

Grandpa has smiling eyes. Ted’s eyes don’t smile. Nope, not at all.

11 Likes

I doubt that. Even aliens have standards

3 Likes

Next, he’ll claim he’s renewed his membership in the Mile High Club bazillions of times and with captains and attendants.

6 Likes

Well, it’s not as if there isn’t a fine tradition of political leaders demonstrating how flight crew approve their every utterance.

3 Likes

:thinking: [Checks BB topics]
The Big Lie, voting rights, BLM, women’s rights/abortion, CRT, immigration, any achievements/gains made by the Biden administration, or all of the above? :woman_shrugging:t4: Based on how GOP/GQP leaders (including Cruz) have been jockeying for position at the top of their garbage heap, we could probably add Jan 6 Committee charges for elected officials and 2022 election results in races where the GOP candidate loses to that list.

9 Likes

That was my thinking, the dufus who beat him gets away with it, so he thought he’d swipe that lie.

ETA: Maybe he was misinterpreting their tackling him to the ground so they could put a mask on him as a hug.

1 Like

That forced hug linked to in the post really belongs here too:

9 Likes

Reminds me of
music video vintage GIF

3 Likes

:notes:

Your lights are on, but you’re not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another tank is what it takes
You can’t sleep, you can’t eat