Ted Karen Cruz refuses to wear a mask when asked, says he's following CDC guidelines when he's not

Originally published at: Ted Karen Cruz refuses to wear a mask when asked, says he's following CDC guidelines when he's not | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Can we request he wear a mask even after the rest of us are cleared to go without? It just…it’d help my digestion.

35 Likes

Just felt like posting this again. I know you can overdo it, since it’s always applicable.

Ted Cruz

48 Likes

Hopefully a Ted Cruz-specific variant will rid us of his greasy smarminess once and for all. No need for it to be fatal. I’m not calling for that. :smiling_imp: I’d much rather he live to a ripe old age of 100 while enjoying the most severe and debilitating long-COVID the world has known, next to the Trump variant of course.

7 Likes

Something like this?

12 Likes

Various quotes about Rafael (t)Edward Cruz from the folks at the bottom of the similar barrel:

• George W. Bush: “I just don’t like the guy.”
  • Bob Dole: “I don’t know how he’s going to deal with Congress. Nobody likes him.”
  • John Boehner: “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
  • Lindsey Graham: “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”
  • Peter King: “I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”
  • Donald Trump: “He’s a nasty guy. Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him.”
  • Marco Rubio: “Ted has had a tough week because what’s happening now is people are learning more about him.”
  • Rand Paul: “He is pretty much done for and stifled, and it’s really because of personal relationships, or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem.”
  • Chris Christie: “For him to somehow be implying that certain values are more appropriate, more American, depending upon what region of the country you’re from, is to me just asinine.”
  • Carly Fiorina (aka, Cruz’s hypothetical running mate, once): “Ted Cruz is just like any other politician. … He says whatever he needs to say to get elected, and then he’s going to do as he pleases.”
  • Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer: “Everybody who knows him in the Senate hates him. And I think hate is not an exaggeration.”
  • Conservative columnist Ann Coulter: “Cruz is a sleazy, Rovian liar.”
  • Former Republican staffer John Feehery: “Cruz is an army of one, alienating anybody who is in his path. He advocates losing strategies purely to further his own career at the expense of the party.”
  • Princeton classmate Mikaela Beardsley: “There are not that many people in my life who I can think of who I didn’t actually have extensive interactions with who bring up such bad feelings.”
  • Another Princeton dormmate: “He was just sort of an odious figure lurking around.”
  • Princeton roommate Craig Mazin: “Ted Cruz is a nightmare of a human being. I have plenty of problems with his politics, but truthfully his personality is so awful that 99 percent of why I hate him is just his personality. If he agreed with me on every issue, I would hate him only one percent less.”
58 Likes
  • Will Rogers: “Haven’t met him.”
15 Likes

His wife: “He fucked up our vacation. I think our kids hate him and I wondering why I’m here…”

20 Likes

The dog he abandoned to go to Cancun: ‘I’m not his best friend.’

28 Likes

That was fun, thanks.

6 Likes

(My apologies to Grandpa Munster.)

29 Likes

The modern Republican Party has all the moral and intellectual cachet of my little sister and I arguing with each other when we were 10 years old.

12 Likes

Not a GOP opinion, obviously, but Al Franken’s take is pretty funny: “I like Ted Cruz more than most of my Senate colleagues do… and I hate Ted Cruz.”

24 Likes

How about the solution is that we just stop putting Ted Cruz on camera?

That way he keeps the mask on constantly…

6 Likes

His whole story on the subject of Ted Cruz is pretty great:

20 Likes

god, i hate him.

4 Likes

Gawd has nothing to do with blob face Ted.

4 Likes

sorry, sorry – to clarify: i don’t hate dieties, just ted cruz.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Ted is a sad humiliating cartoon parody of himself, daily.

5 Likes