Can we request he wear a mask even after the rest of us are cleared to go without? It just…it’d help my digestion.
Hopefully a Ted Cruz-specific variant will rid us of his greasy smarminess once and for all. No need for it to be fatal. I’m not calling for that. I’d much rather he live to a ripe old age of 100 while enjoying the most severe and debilitating long-COVID the world has known, next to the Trump variant of course.
Various quotes about Rafael (t)Edward Cruz from the folks at the bottom of the similar barrel:
- George W. Bush: “I just don’t like the guy.”
- Bob Dole: “I don’t know how he’s going to deal with Congress. Nobody likes him.”
- John Boehner: “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
- Lindsey Graham: “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”
- Peter King: “I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”
- Donald Trump: “He’s a nasty guy. Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him.”
- Marco Rubio: “Ted has had a tough week because what’s happening now is people are learning more about him.”
- Rand Paul: “He is pretty much done for and stifled, and it’s really because of personal relationships, or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem.”
- Chris Christie: “For him to somehow be implying that certain values are more appropriate, more American, depending upon what region of the country you’re from, is to me just asinine.”
- Carly Fiorina (aka, Cruz’s hypothetical running mate, once): “Ted Cruz is just like any other politician. … He says whatever he needs to say to get elected, and then he’s going to do as he pleases.”
- Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer: “Everybody who knows him in the Senate hates him. And I think hate is not an exaggeration.”
- Conservative columnist Ann Coulter: “Cruz is a sleazy, Rovian liar.”
- Former Republican staffer John Feehery: “Cruz is an army of one, alienating anybody who is in his path. He advocates losing strategies purely to further his own career at the expense of the party.”
- Princeton classmate Mikaela Beardsley: “There are not that many people in my life who I can think of who I didn’t actually have extensive interactions with who bring up such bad feelings.”
- Another Princeton dormmate: “He was just sort of an odious figure lurking around.”
- Princeton roommate Craig Mazin: “Ted Cruz is a nightmare of a human being. I have plenty of problems with his politics, but truthfully his personality is so awful that 99 percent of why I hate him is just his personality. If he agreed with me on every issue, I would hate him only one percent less.”
- Will Rogers: “Haven’t met him.”
His wife: “He fucked up our vacation. I think our kids hate him and I wondering why I’m here…”
The dog he abandoned to go to Cancun: ‘I’m not his best friend.’
That was fun, thanks.
The modern Republican Party has all the moral and intellectual cachet of my little sister and I arguing with each other when we were 10 years old.
Not a GOP opinion, obviously, but Al Franken’s take is pretty funny: “I like Ted Cruz more than most of my Senate colleagues do… and I hate Ted Cruz.”
How about the solution is that we just stop putting Ted Cruz on camera?
That way he keeps the mask on constantly…
god, i hate him.
Gawd has nothing to do with blob face Ted.
sorry, sorry – to clarify: i don’t hate dieties, just ted cruz.
Ted is a sad humiliating cartoon parody of himself, daily.