Ted Cruz, the Salacious B. Crumb of Congress, defends Gina Carano

Turns out that people aren’t always the same as the characters they portray on TV!

For example, just because someone spent a lot of time on TV pretending to be a genius businessman and billionaire real estate developer doesn’t mean you should assume that they are in real life.

11 Likes

Ted will forever be the extra kid Trump adopted, who is always less-than the rest of the family, but always trying to win their praise.

I think I’ll just start calling him Rafi Trump from now on. It works with the retroactive-redneck look he’s going for.

2 Likes

The Dixie Prick

3 Likes

Ted’s response is so gobsmackingly stupid. Like Jackie Chan clutching his head gif dumb.

Ted disagrees, apparently.

I like tv/movie writer/showrunner John Roger’s response to it:

14 Likes

8 Likes

Course Walt wouldn’t fare to well if he were alive today. Maybe Disney should do the right thing and drop all ties with that family. As to what they would call themselves? I don’t know, how about cancerous media empire or The Maus?

Hey… I thought she was just some rando orphan, no relation to Luke?

(I have not watched any SW films since TLJ, though I have seen all of the Mandalorian.)

Also, what the unhappy fuck is WRONG with Cruz’s hair???

4 Likes

Which just goes to show that he’s at least smart enough to know how to dummy things down to the level of his base.

We can spend all day spitting in the wind/shooting fish in a barrel by spelling out what we easily see as the obvious hypocrisy of Republican pols and the idiocy of what they so often say, but the conundrum, I suppose, is what to do about how many people fall for their absurd bs.

6 Likes

it’s a fashie in the front and a proud boy in the rear.

it fits.

5 Likes

As @navarro said, a race in Texas is for a republican to lose. This is because of a good heap of voter supression and gerrymandering. It was shocking when Cruz almost lost to a democrat.
I have high hopes and money waiting for the next round.
Edited to fix duplicate sentence and lose!

6 Likes

“Lose.”

Sorry; grammar pendant pedant, that’s one of my minor peeves.

That said, I hope he loses his seat in the Senate ASAP.

8 Likes

:+1::+1:

:thinking:

6 Likes

tenor (18)

11 Likes

I didn’t ever claim to be perfect, fellow pedant.

Muphry’s Law strikes once again.

9 Likes

great, thanks, now you’re ruined Dansh for me.

“Media Consolidation +”?

The Blacklist was literally punishing people for having political views that weren’t entirely supportive of straight white men being masters of the universe as capitalist heroes. That’s not “cancel culture” which is right wing people whinging about being held accountable for being shitty human beings.

11 Likes

cillian-murphy-wat

6 Likes

i know it’s just “danish” misspelled but i like to think it’s really this–

2 Likes

lol, “Danish”