Teen "faces assault charge" for throwing baby carrot at teacher

But, but… zero tolerance! That way they will never win the war on kids.

7 Likes

Oh, hello. Congratulations. You’ve just started reading about jury nullification.

1 Like

But not an acceptable form of self defense in a carrot throwing case - the Geneva Convention on Vegetable Warfare demands reasonable countermeasures.

1 Like

8 Likes

How longs a flight to new york? How much does it cost? I really need some fish and chips now.

7 Likes

But, but…the carrot was POINTY, Your Honor!

5 Likes

And that’s actually another thing about baby carrots – aside from their puniness, they’re NOT pointy!

8 Likes

A definitely pointy baby carrot.

14 Likes

Woah, I hope you have a permit for that thing!

7 Likes

I’m a law-abiding citizen (subject?) and will never use this pointy baby carrot to attack teachers.

5 Likes

One word: major overeaction. Okay that’s two words.

Teenagers are idiots sometimes. A couple days of after school detention would’ve been reasonable, and it may have served as a deterrent for her and other carrot-throwing teens.

Bullying a classmate and throwing a carrot at/toward a teacher are two different things. And I’m a teacher so I feel I can respond for the adults in this situation.

By the way, kids are ALWAYS trying to freethrow their trash into garbage cans when they think you’re not watching because they ALWAYS think they’re Michael f***ing Jordan. I found that making fun of their lack of free-throwing skills usually stops them.

3 Likes

And you don’t see just a tiny bit of difference in scale between “beating your ass up” and bouncing a carrot off your nose?

No, of course you don’t. You think it’s perfectly reasonable. I just don’t think you’re perfectly reasonable.

5 Likes

Personally I find cave wetas more terrifying than giant wetas:

3 Likes

Fuck you you nightmare inducing monster. Ffffffffffffffffffffffff!!! :smile:

(Ugh, I found a huntsman in my bed last week. I have not recovered)

8 Likes

May I extend my commiserations. I can’t think of anything worse than a huntsman in the bed.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget the whole “the part of the brain that understands consequences isn’t fully formed” part of all this.
I get that there need to be standards for behavior- that’s not in question.
This is just such a (likely) overreaction as to be comical.

FWIW, the teacher likely has no say in this- admin calls the shots about charges getting pressed…

1 Like

Really? Because I’m thinking there’s no amount of cracker crumbs that would induce me to kick the Huntsman out of my bed!

9 Likes

On a school sponsored trip during my high school senior year, I hurled a snowball at a group of kids walking ahead of me – my aim sucks and they were barely within reach. I pegged a teacher chaperone right on the noggin. Spent 10 years in the slammer for attempted manslaughter.

5 Likes

And to think the whole spree could have been stopped by a good teen with a carrot.

6 Likes

#NotAll(Hunts)Men

4 Likes