Teen self-injects verses from the Bible and the Koran that have been transposed into DNA

Dude bro, you have no idea how shit-tastic 2019 is going to be.

17 Likes

The 50-page radio address by John Galt alone would do them in.

10 Likes

I dunno, he looks fine to me…

250px-Supergod-cover

3 Likes

Let’s just pray that Bible sequences aren’t inadvertently oncogenic.

4 Likes

Locatelli called his effort a “symbol of peace between religions and science.”

So, Art?

Art that might give you cancer. But, still Art.

3 Likes

blade_runner%5B1%5D_phixr

10 Likes

Given all the examples in history of religion-based malignancies, I’m not optimistic.

8 Likes

I dunno; in the Dark Tower, the number ‘19’ is a mixture of both good and bad.

3 Likes

[dies from internal crusade]

19 Likes

I guess he’ll qualify.

5 Likes

Except, I understand it, that inactive information is inactive for a reason. If you randomly overwrite an inactive area with a sequences that happens to code for the terminating marker of the inactive area (the intron), everything after that is going to now be active.

4 Likes

Is he trying to become Bibleman?

terminatingtoxic_dvd_lg

9 Likes

9 Likes

Suddenly my writing the first verse of the Bhagavad Gita on a piece of melba toast before eating it seems a lot less newsworthy. Thanks for nothing, Locatelli.

19 Likes

I’m not quite sure that this is how ‘the word made flesh’ works. At least until he manages to get the added DNA to encode some proteins, or similarly fleshy sorts of molecules.

1 Like

I read a science fiction story years ago – maybe 15? – about something like this. The setting was Australia, and Muslims were voluntarily having the Koran translated into DNA and permanently added as a (non-functioning) chromosome. They would be able to pass on the Koran with every generation. The big problem? The government could easily track who was Muslim and who wasn’t…

5 Likes

Stupidity, the most common preexisting condition.

6 Likes

Please don’t give the Australian government any ideas…

6 Likes

Did he read Snow Crash and think it was guide to better living?

3 Likes

CRISPR meets snake-handlers

6 Likes