Teen self-injects verses from the Bible and the Koran that have been transposed into DNA

Same here. I’m trying to find it. Driving me nuts.

Found it: https://simonpetrie.wordpress.com/reviewing/review-written-in-blood-by-chris-lawson/

It was also in the June 1999 edition of "Asimov’s " but I can’t find the text.

What a shame if there were typos!

6 Likes

2016 - Worst year ever.
2017 - Hold my beer.
2018 - Dude…watch this!
2019 - Bitch, please!
2020 - (nothingness)
2021 - New Big Bang

12 Likes

Since when do liberals think highly enough of Ayn Rand to want to inject her bullshit? I think you mean GOPers?

2 Likes

In this context it means libertarian.

7 Likes

Stupidus Kidus

3 Likes

and then he got cancer…

I guess I’m just old fashioned. It’s bitten by a radioactive bible for me.

9 Likes

Fuck’s sake, we’re all already infected. Stuff’s been airborne for centuries. Even the Sentinalese have been exposed.

2 Likes

And when this mutates into a virus capable of killing all humankind as patient zero, will that count as biblical end of days, biblical levels of irony, or the final evolution of religion on earth?

hmm…:thinking:

5 Likes

Seems like a suppository would have been a more appropriate mode of transmission. Religion has been shoved up the ass of far too many victims, he could be the poster child fucked by religion.

4 Likes

3 Likes

The bigger picture is that someone can order a mutated virus designed to their specifications. I now have new things to be worried about.

6 Likes

That’s it! It was in the Year’s Best Science Fiction, 17th edition, published in 2000.

1 Like

Those crazy teens!

Came here for that. Left with herpes.

1 Like

I fear this is showing my ever-increasing generation gap (which gets bigger by a year today!). But even having read the article, I just don’t understand what this kid was trying to do.

3 Likes

Made me think of this battle:

6 Likes

No I mean libertarians. Why on earth would you think I was talking about liberals?

Just because that is what the vast majority of people are referring to when they use the term Lib-tard.

03%20PM

1 Like