Telekinetic Trump claims he can declassify documents "by thinking about it"

If they can be declassified telekinetically, and he did it, then I’m sure Biden re-classified them telekinetically, and we’re back where we started.

13 Likes

He’s gonna be mad if he hears about Fox including that “FMR” in the headline.

4 Likes

Someone’s been reading “The Secret” to him.

5 Likes

“…as I understand it.”

since 2015 I haven’t heard trump mention one thing where I felt he had a grasp of the situation/facts. Short of different grifts I doubt he understands anything.

7 Likes

I think what this dotard meant to say was:
“If you’re the King of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified,” the fallen king added.

2 Likes

These are not the documents you are looking for…

droids

22 Likes

16 Likes

Bedminster.

11 Likes

I thought it had been posted, but does it really make sense to wade through every load of bilge to verify its duplicity?

6 Likes

This meme is generally annoying, but when the glove fits…

18 Likes

The appropriate follow-up question is:

“Setting that aside for a moment, does that entitle you to remove them from the White House, though? Aren’t they still government property?”

19 Likes

Just think of how all the never trumpers will twist this out of context just to villainize him!

2 Likes

I mean - it’s clearly not how it works. “Secret declassification” is a pretty obvious oxymoron, but Trump simply can’t conceive of things not being about him, so of course declassification is all about his relationship to the documents rather than the reality, which is that it’s about literally everyone else’s relationship to the documents.

It’s painful that anyone else is even considering his nonsense for even a second without just laughing it off. (Especially considering Trump himself made the opposite argument when he was president - that only by following the procedure were documents declassified, even if he stated otherwise in public.) Thankfully it’s also not even relevant, though…

Knowing Trump, I can’t even tell if this is a joke or not. I mean a deliberate joke someone other than Trump made, that is, rather than hilarious nonsense that Trump proposed seriously.

Yeah, he’s got two levels of (lack of) understanding: one where his nonsensical “understanding” of the situation puts it entirely in an advantageous light for him, and another where he just has a child-like “understanding” of the facts. Though it’s ultimately all the same thing, I guess.

Or worse for Trump, put it in context! Everyone knows context is his enemy!

10 Likes

Trump is old enough to believe that he’ll be dead before NARA is able to publicly release every document from the Trump administration. I’m younger than that, and not a member of Mar a lago, so my chances of actually reading this stuff is much higher if NARA keeps them.

6 Likes

He is typically blindly and ignorantly resolute in his opinions. That he is now hedging with that ‘as I understand it’ phrase seems like coaching by his lawyers. I wonder if they are suddenly afraid that his TV appearances will be used against him in court.

9 Likes

I think we need Judge Maya Gamble to have a chat with TFG. As she said to Alex Jones…“Just because you claim to think something is true does not make it true.” Unfortunately, it would just be word salad to him.

3 Likes

I don’t think Trump actually does jokes. The closest I’ve seen from him is mean/petty/vindictive comments that he later tried to pass off as “just a joke.”

11 Likes

The argument certainly has a Nixonian quality to it. Specifically Tricky Dick’s statement during the Frost interview “…but when the President does it, that means it is not illegal…”

I guess time will tell if this strategy works better for Donald than it did for Richard.

4 Likes

He seems to be working two imbecilic paths: One that provides all his similarly stupid constituents and apologists need to know and base an argument on; and the other as some kind of defense in prep for the indictment to come, that is, he (as I nauseously type here) actually thought he did nothing wrong… nothing that he thought was criminal.

2 Likes

The only time I can tell that he (in his own mind) is joking: When it’s at someone else’s expense.

5 Likes