Telekinetic Trump claims he can declassify documents "by thinking about it"

Re: The Stupid, it Burns

Obviously not hot enough or quickly enough.

6 Likes

3 Likes

he’s clearly never had any personal involvement with government, or governmental paperwork, before.

7 Likes

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,”

That’s a summary of pretty much the entirety of his presidency.

12 Likes

“When you’re a star, they let you do it.”

10 Likes

He knows just enough about criminal conspiracy to understand that paper trails are not his friend.

“Why do you take notes?” Trump asked, according to the Mueller report. “Lawyers don’t take notes. I never had a lawyer who took notes.”

13 Likes

15 Likes

He’s really pushing the limits of his “power of positive thinking” schtick.

5 Likes

on the nose hints GIF by Efteling

2 Likes

I can assure you that he was briefed in the handling of classified information.

After that, well, here we are.

8 Likes

willing to bet he wasn’t paying attention.

15 Likes

Not deliberately anyways. He says plenty of things that are unintentionally hilarious, and he himself is a joke, in the sense of being a laughingstock. But yeah, what he calls his “jokes” are consistently just bullying or, occasionally, something he actually meant seriously, but he wanted to test the waters before he admitted he was serious.

Although in this case, he only seems to be working the first, at least in practice (whatever his intent may be). None of his “defenses” are either relevant or actually exculpatory (and sometimes he says something that’s actually incriminating, instead). The DOJ have him dead to rights and his lawyers have nothing to work with (which is why all they’re doing is delaying and hoping to find some flunky in the system that will put the law aside to help him), so there’s really nothing he can say to build any kind of defense - all he can do is lie and bullshit. Thanks to the law he pushed for, his intent doesn’t matter. (Though it seems pretty clear they can get him there, too.)

I’m sure they knew that and repeated it enough that even someone with his level of cognitive dysfunction would get it. At the same time, I’m sure he also totally disregarded what he was told, because rules don’t apply to him.

5 Likes

Case in point: at the Al Smith dinner in 2016—traditionally an event where candidates blow off some of the tension of the campaign by making jokes at their own expense—Trump made a couple “jokes” about arresting Hillary Clinton and got his biggest laugh by pointing out how stupid his wife was. Nothing even close to a moment of self-deprecation.

11 Likes

I was trying to think of times when he was self-deprecating, but all I can think of are examples when he did so ironically-but-maybe-not (e.g. “I am so handsome and thin”), or at best demonstrated some obvious struggle with his insecurities where he said something expecting someone to contradict him and stroke his ego.

3 Likes
9 Likes

“You stole classified documents.”

“No, I didn’t. I declassified the documents I stole!”

10 Likes

Then can Dark Brandon retroactively reclassify them as well, right after each time Trump thought about it? Or even just right before the raid started?

5 Likes

13 Likes

They never had enough orange crayons around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.