Televangelist and 'prosperity gospel' pastor Paula White joins Trump administration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/televangelist-and-prosperity.html

3 Likes

Even rats flee a sinking ship. There must be more money to squeeze from this orange.

24 Likes

36 Likes

Revolving door is still revolving.

15 Likes

Ah, the opiate of the asses…

29 Likes

Ms. White is a televangelist based in Florida who has served for some time as a “personal pastor” to Trump.

Only a prosperity-gospel televangelist could figure out a way to reconcile parishioner and deity being one and the same.

27 Likes

I have a problem with calling this woman and her ilk “religious conservatives.”
Prosperity gospel ain’t religious or conservative, its a sacreligious confidence scam that would have been treated as high heresy by church leaders throughout most of the country’s history.

Just because they don’t describe themselves as radical heretics is no reason for me to pretend they’re conservative

33 Likes

Ooo, how much did donnie t get taken for…

5 Likes

A government position at the very least. The weird part is him paying his debts.

9 Likes
13 Likes

Work wives? (shudder)

17 Likes

(shudder) indeed.

It’s like The Handmaid’s Tale rebooted as a Studio 54 period piece.

15 Likes

What ever happened to the separation of church and state? I don’t want one penny of my taxes paying for this crap, nor his golf outings. Which lawsuit do I sign up for?

20 Likes

This proves there is no god.

Or that he’s the god from the show Supernatural- an enormous cosmic asshole

Of course we now have even the televangelist grifters in this administration, we already had every other shitty human subculture in there- coal lobbyists, family members of blackwater murderers running education dept, full blown wakaloons, all of these scumbags.

History will have a field day with these idiots if we survive as a republic

8 Likes

Jeezus. . . the Trump era has been like three years of constantly getting poked in the eye by sharp objects while an air horn blasts right in my ear.

23 Likes

Another skinny blonde. I think it’s safe to say he has type.

11 Likes

Aptly named. Her face blends into the background.

11 Likes

“Pastor White” is listed in the Dulux paint chart next to Apple White and Morally Grey.

24 Likes

It’s pretty well nested in our long, long history of new religious movements, big tent revivals, and raw hucksterism. The exact theological spin is new but pretty much everything else is drawn from old tactics in the Pentecostal movement, self help and motivational speaking horse shit dating to the 19th century. In practice its no different from the Televangelism boom of the 80’s. And the meatgrinder of religious hucksterism, apocalyptic ideas and the occult that spawned Mormonism.

America is and always has been a nation of con men. All the Prosperity folks did was Jesus up The Secret.

15 Likes

Roger that.

Cut to 1:39 to hear him tell how speaking in tongues is BS, or cut to 3:45 to see him laughing and counting up the money.

6 Likes