Tencent might have accidentally leaked the real death count of the coronavirus in China

1 Like

Netizens also noticed that each time the screen with the large numbers appears, it shows a comparison with the previous day’s data which demonstrates a “reasonable” incremental increase, much like comparisons of official numbers. This has led some netizens to speculate that Tencent has two sets of data, the real data and “processed” data.

I’m dubious. Why would Tencent have the real data at all?

2 Likes

Wow, sure hope that’s not the real data. That makes the current mortality rate just shy of 16%!

3 Likes

That would be +/- 15% fatality rate. If true, and I suspect it is not, that would be very much at odds with what the rest of the world has seen. We are up to a couple hundred cases outside of China, and only a few deaths, roughly in the 3%(ish) that has been talked about. Now the catch is that when ICU resources are tapped out, the deaths from ARDS / respiratory failure skyrocket. And I could see that being the case in the heart of the outbreak. And would bode ill for the eventual outcome. Stay tuned.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.