Tennessee Republicans hold a book burning to destroy Harry Potter, Twilight, and other "demonic" titles

And this ain’t even the first time it did happen here…

There are still plenty of good people in TN who are being subjected to this shit. They just gerrymandered the hell out of Nashville.

We only win this by winning the south.

31 Likes

There are always unhinged right-wing preachers like this in America. Before this asshole, there were the Swaggarts and Bakers. And there were others before them. And like the ones before him, I guarantee you this douche canoe has plenty of sinful skeletons in his closet that will eventually come out. If there’s one thing I know, the pious firebrands are the biggest hypocrites.

19 Likes

Okay, I’m not going to go fully down the “no true scotsman” line, but I lived in Tennessee from 1997 to 2015, and every single republican I know who knew about Greg Locke described him as a blithering screaming idiot.

So , while yes, there are probably some dumbass republicans who were involved with this, this guy is a known insane quantity who has been doing his screaming against everything and his “look at me look at me look at me” routine for cash for a long, long while now.

This is a publicity stunt.

12 Likes

3 Likes

Just tell them the pages are full of secret demonic codes that only demoncrats can see. They’ll believe you, and it’s a lot less effort than cutting and pasting the lorem ipsum text over and over for a hundred or so pages. (And uses less ink!)

3 Likes

Nothing ever changes.

Also: Greg Locke investigated for creepy sex crimes in 3 . . .2 . . 1. . .

18 Likes

Oh, I fucking HOPE so.

26 Likes

Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

13 Likes

“…along with other items they were frightened of,…”

I must not be feeling charitable today because my immediate thought was “Like an 8th grade algebra textbook?”.

18 Likes

You laugh but there were probably some science books in there.

11 Likes

I wonder what he thinks the tunnels under the White House were used for during the former guy’s term?

16 Likes

Biden is “demon possessed”, so those tunnels just magically appeared on Jan. 20, 2021.

19 Likes

The JFK sex tunnels… But I thought JFK was back?

11 Likes

I used to watch Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie a lot on Nick at Nite growing up. I had relatives who weren’t allowed to because of the occult content

9 Likes

Where did the bad books touch you? Oh, in your brain? I see the problem here…

13 Likes

When fire is your primary means of solving problems, well…

6 Likes

“Lorem Ipsum? That sounds like that Satanic Latin spoken by the Pope! Burn all of these mock-ups and draft documents!”

“In the name of the God Emperor!”
“Haven’t you heard, brother; the God Emperor hath fallen to the siren call of the Daemoncrat Vaccine?”
“In the name of scattershot bigotry and incoherent rage! BUUUUUURN!”

Edit to reduce the ambient bigotry of this comment by 50% and increase the amount of rage by 100%

7 Likes

In America, if you’re looking for Satan, the first place to look… is in a church.
:confused:
A wise man once said: “When books are burned, people soon will be.”

10 Likes

I’m doubtful that they’ve read many books to begin with, including the Bible.

9 Likes

Twilight lol.

1 Like