Tennessee sheriff who ordered deputies to kill driver of slow-moving car and gloated over his corpse faces excessive force lawsuit

"In June, the county district attorney declared the shooting justified. "

All of them are farked in head. GD Pigs.!

3 Likes

Sheriff is generally an elected office.

3 Likes

More detail, none of which justifies a shoot-to-kill order.
http://spartalive.com/d-a-releases2-evidence2-file-for-aprils-officer-involved-shooting/

Dial also reportedly had methamphetamine, amphetamine and Carboxy-THC in his system.

2 Likes

Man, his parents really leaned into all of the backwoods, rural hick stereotypes when naming him “Oddie Shoupe,” didn’t they? What, was “Bubba Cousinfucker” taken?

3 Likes

I’m curious, what are the nominal conditions for police to be allowed to kill you? I would’ve thought they had to at least pretend to think someone was in danger.

4 Likes

Slow motion chase. Scary stuff.

If you make the officers TRY, they might break a sweat and have a heart attack, so this was a clear case of self defense. /S

2 Likes

did someone name you Earnest? Huh, people do like their ironies.

You’ve lost me. I was entirely earnest in my insults.

2 Likes

So what? (Not criticizing you.) If they are using autopsy evidence to justify murder, it still makes it murder. It makes me afraid to visit the US.

4 Likes

I suppose your folks must have leaned into it.

Okay?

I think you’re trying to insult me somehow, but you’re not very good at it.

Look, I just got off work and am frankly too tired to punch down at you. If you want to consider this a victory, go for it. You’re a rapier wit.

It’s only a few million bad apples.

6 Likes

It would seem if you’re drawing breath they’ve decicided conditions have been met.

1 Like

A regular rapierist, that one.

Well that’s unambiguous.

I often wonder why there aren’t more vigilantes and Dexters who fix people like this.

1 Like

The US DOJ has authority to investigate police misconduct in some circumstances. The brochure is still online. This seems perfect for that level of (let’s say) impartial review.

Somehow, though, I don’t envision the current admin’s DOJ taking on as many of those cases as the past . . .

2 Likes

In the US everyone with a gun is a hero - Soldier, police officer, rugged frontiersman defending his home against the Sioux!

Do you hate America, commie?

1 Like

Only if they’re white. The Rethuglicans like to ignore the time that Saint Ronnie signed a gun control act, because the Black Panthers were getting uppity.

4 Likes

Poverty, generally, but sometimes they’ll kill you in self-defense, or because you lack access to the justice system.

The police exist to prevent the have-nots from taking from the haves. This is not necessarily a bad thing on the face of it, but when a system is rigged so that have-nots can only become haves by breaking the law, then law enforcement becomes a sadist factory.

3 Likes