Terminator Genisys trailer

Am I the only one thinks that these movie trailers all look the same now?

[DARK SETTING]
[ANXIOUS LOOKING PERSON LOOKS AROUND NERVOUSLY]
[BRIEF GLIMPSE OF SOMETHING DISTURBING]
[FADE TO BLACK]
[UN-FADE TO DIFFERENT SCENE FOR 3 SECONDS]
[FADE TO BLACK]
[SOMETHING NOISY, LARGE AND FAST GOES BY]
[FADE TO EVEN BLACKER…]

3 Likes

Man, I sure wish it was like in the old days, when every movie was fresh and original.

You’ll find the movies are just as formulaic.

Formulaic storyline, predictable plotline, recycled characters.
But the eye candy, oh the eye candy, the very point of a big-screen movie!
Count me in!
…at this rate I’ll need insulin eyedrops…

2 Likes

Yes, treat yourself. Many films are still much better on the silver screen*.

*Not saying this necessarily will be…

I remember the time when I was riding the bus and we hit a small car head-on, forcing the bus to flip end over end twenty feet in the air. Luckily we landed in the arms of one of those giant inflatable gorillas that used car dealerships advertise with, so nobody was hurt, but still, a trigger warning for this trailer would have been nice.

6 Likes

Most movies are original. And of the many hundreds of movies made every year, only a small percent of them are made in Hollywood. Yet, whenever people complain about how much worse modern cinema has gotten, they complain about those same Hollywood spectacles. And they keep watching those, rather than watching anything else. I think it’s a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

2 Likes

In the opening scene of “The Player”, Buck Henry is seen making a pitch for a sequel to “The Graduate”. I remember him mentioning in interviews that once in a while a producer would actually come to him with the same idea.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.