Texan discovers he was sharing his bed with a creepy, crawly, "creature from hell"

giphy

Michelle Obama ewwww

nowt to do with me

6 Likes

So I’m the only one here that would think it was cool to find this?
That critter is huge. Did you see those antennae?
Y’all will never have a future in entomology, with that attitude

12 Likes

[insert ‘nothing of value was lost’ gif here]

Shudder!

5 Likes

Did you miss the part about it being in his freaking bed!?

15 Likes

I’ve long believed that Texas and Australia are two pieces of a primordial proto-continent where someone did something very naughty and was punished by the gods of nature. Only Texas is begging for round two.

texas GIF

2 Likes

Pretty common to have “house lizards,” generally geckos, in your house in the tropics. They eat bugs and don’t trouble humans. Centipedes are not as nice.

7 Likes

Nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

6 Likes

Reason number 4,328,976 that I do not live in Texas.

3 Likes

Last month, DH was bitten on the hand by one of these things when we were sleeping; we found it after shaking out the bed twice, and it still managed to escape back to Hell. Tetanus shots and antibiotics were required after the bite got infected; for the first week it hurt like a mofo. DH is still recovering. Centipedes may have a place in nature, but def. not in our bed.

10 Likes

I title this photo “Ted Cruz Journey of Self Discovery”

4 Likes

I’m with you. I would be far more weirded out to find an unexpected human in my bed, vs. a relatively innocuous critter like this.

1 Like

Their genus is Scutigera, I find calling them by their nickname, Scooty Gerry, makes them seem less formidable. The larger ones can be startling to come across.

1 Like

Creepy crawly was Ted Cancun Cruz?
or Abbott?

1 Like

This is still preferential to most of the creatures that you’ll find in Australia.

2 Likes

I hope everyone here realizes, the centipede was thinking the exact same thing about waking up and finding a gigantic four-limbed human with a closed circulatory system and no exoskeleton in his nice warm nesting place.

1 Like

Even the Giant African Ones?

They are actually really neat to see in person. But I did find one in my room and freaked out a little (about 10% of a spider level freak out , of which I had many in Uganda :joy:)

8 Likes

hmmm, one of my sisters is moving to texas. i keep telling her not to move there – maybe this story would convince her.

6 Likes

I would be cool with them, millipedes are generally known as being mild mannered. After all nothing wants to eat them because they are toxic, and they eat organic matter. Centipedes on the other hand are just murderous assholes.

7 Likes

I am told by my friend who eats Texas striped scorpions that these things are also edible.

6 Likes

Texan discovers he was sharing his bed with a creepy, crawly, “creature from hell”

[sob] “What happened to the person I thought I married?”

Followed by a Coyote Morning.

Likely looking to add to his collection.

Well, he aets boogers, so why not?

Now, now, the critters [except for some of the bipeds] aren’t that bad…
For example, the Scorpions don’t get anwhere near that large; and I have never seen a Tarantula the size of a dinner plate.
The size of saucers, sure, but in any case, they like to hang around in the more arid areas of the state.
And contrary to legend, the cockroaches aren’t all the size of birds.

2 Likes