Texans brace for Jade Helm 15, massive federal military exercise

The military has huge swaths of land whereupon they can conduct their exercises. Putting aside conspiracy theories and the fact that Texas is almost completely terrible, I don’t know why the military can’t stay on the land we’ve given them for such activities.

Perhaps they’ve grown too large and we should halve or quarter their budget? Yes, I think we should.

4 Likes

The cognitive dissonance was strong with that one…

4 Likes

They’re about 16 years too late, but I won’t be upset if they leave now.

1 Like

Did the truck have Texas plates though? The owner could have been a US patriot from a neighbouring state, saying “Dear Texans - pleasepleaseplease secede! We’d all be ever so much happier with an international border between us.”

10 Likes

Aw come on y’all. Don’t stereotype. Lots of normal people in Texas as well.

3 Likes

See I would almost agree with that, but I have family that lives there so I would have to get them out first.

largely subject to a media blackout

For reals? Self-imposed? State-imposed? Or is it just that the military isn’t publishing their plans?

2 Likes

If they had the simulated equivalent of major American cities just lying around to conduct occasional international joint exercises in, now that would be wasteful.

2 Likes

Stay vigilant, Texas. Lest you find yourself annexed by the United States.

4 Likes

I suspect it has to do with Vogons and a new hyperspace bypass.

1 Like

Texans in particular. They tend to be offended if you don’t say “Thank you for your service” to anybody in military uniforms. Doubt this will change that much.

2 Likes

No, we can’t just let Texas leave, though at least they wouldn’t be doing it for as horrible a set of reasons as last time.

But we can give them back to Mexico, though I’d hope they let us keep Austin, or allow free access to it.

1 Like

Would Mexico want Texas back in its current state? They’d probably want the US to keep all the white anglophones.

1 Like

These are old figures, but Texas looks like one of the few states that pays its way.

1 Like

We’re letting all of the states leave, and there isn’t much anybody can do about it.

About talking you are what?

1 Like

Really? I don’t want the US military in major American cities.

(We sure as shit aren’t going to be invaded with the absurd number of guns the citizenry has at our disposal.)

Where the US is now, in about fifteen years, will be a network of thousands of new, overlapping polystates.

I don’t think cities will be invaded either, but I also don’t think that wariness of the citizenry’s relatively pathetic pea-shooters is a consideration. I mean really, what could any amount of guns do against tanks, grenades, gases, bombs, swat teams, ram rods, robots, rockets, drones and so on?

2 Likes

And that has something to do with how we’re supposedly letting all the states leave, and there isn’t much anyone can do about it? In what sense is any state “leaving”?