Texans brace for Jade Helm 15, massive federal military exercise

I think the scenario you’re proposing is foreign to the imaginations of most people because, as far as I understand what you’re saying, it’s not something that’s occurred in all of recorded history.

Sometimes it’s hard to take people seriously when they say something that has never occurred before to anyone’s knowledge is inevitably going to happen within the next 20 years.

4 Likes

… Which probably contributes to the denial of global warming, ocean acidification, etc. even when they are already going on.

Well, it also contributes to the persistent skepticism regarding, say, the 2012 doomsday predictions (whether by Christians or vaguely Aztec-inspired new agers). Which is, I think, a good thing.

The main difference as I see it between AGW and @popobawa4u’s political predictions is that AGW scenarios are actually fleshed out – “we have to worry about a 1 degree increase in temperature because that would lead to a serious reduction in Himalayan glaciers which provide water for the Indian subcontinent.” If @popobawa4u could provide that kind of specificity, even as an example rather than a prediction, I would be very happy to entertain his prediction.

1 Like

But haven’t they been using cities in Afghanistan/Iraq/elsewhere, basically nonstop, for decades?

1 Like

I think it’s all about acclimatising people to soldiers in the streets. Even the police are militaried-up.
We should be heading in the completely opposite direction as a species, I feel.

2 Likes

Only the deployed soldiers that are already used up. They need to train up the next batch of victims.

That’s a theory I heard about the Boston Marathon security lockdown.

Unfortunately, the police screwed up royally so we can look forward to more federal intervention in similar situations going forward.

Not sure where they fit on the pay or receive taxes scale, but they also control the textbooks of all 50 states. Never forget.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure that’s true- last I knew, both California and Texas used state-chosen textbooks (meaning the whole state uses the same book). That makes two large buyers, and I’m sure Pearson would be willing to make whatever California wanted for the contract (ditto Texas, obv.).
Has that changed?
As a side note, there is a movement in some progressive states/districts to make their own textbooks- which would be a welcome change from using whatever Pearson felt like offering for sale…

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that Federal government officials are driving trollies Texas’ elected leaders?

Glad you’ve got the beer, though–although living in Texas would drive me to drink way, way too often and deeply.

I’ve played flight simulators plenty; I’ve logged hundreds of hours of simulated flight time. But I’ve never flown an actual plane. Where are the F/A-18E/F Super Hornets? I’m due to take off in 15 minutes on a mission. You trust me, right?

In theory, with a sufficiently advanced and realistic exercise, there is no difference between simulation and practice. In practice there is.

Having read a fantastic report in the NY Times today about people staying inside and burying their guns in their yards I’m thinking it makes the most sense to tell the nutters that Jade Helm is going to be a continuous thing. It’s kind of self-policing gun control. I think it’s working like a charm.

3 Likes

Y’all joke about this all you want, shit’s real and it’s coming down FAST.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.