Texas AG Ken Paxton suggests arming teachers

more guns, on cue. it is as if they are getting paid to ignore what the real answer is.

7 Likes

I read stories about police officers that forgot their guns in the toilets! No I don’t want teachers to have them.

A teacher with a gun vs a person armoured up isn’t a thing that should play out. Let’s try to figure out how to prevent this shit.

7 Likes

Also to be fair, you need to differentiate between random law-enforcement officers and specially trained SWAT/hostage-rescue units. The former will of course be taught basic firearms skills but again, their main job is to be out there doing actual police work which, cop shows on TV notwithstanding, for the most part does not involve shooting at people. (This is certainly the case here in Germany, where the overwhelming majority of police officers have long and successful careers without ever firing, or for that matter unholstering, their service weapons except during range practice.) It’s the latter who are spending long hours on an ongoing basis preparing for the sort of situation you’re likely to encounter during a school shooting, and a large part of that goes towards learning not to shoot people they’re not supposed to be shooting.

5 Likes

“Less guns? But what if the solution was MORE guns?”

it’s not more guns. What in the throwing-gas-on-a-fire do these idiots think is really going to result in less dead kids?

Plus, think about all the teachers you’ve ever had. How many of those would you trust with a gun?

It makes me sick that the lives of real children are the cost for these fools fantasies.

7 Likes

Thoughts and prayers~

17 Likes

You can see the exact converse hypocrisy argument from pro-gun folks on Twitter already in response to this shooting: “Democrats only care about children that are outside the womb.” Which is infuriatingly ignorant and demoralizing.

Oh don’t worry, the hiring criteria for teachers will be a page one rewrite once Republicans are in charge of the DOE. Remember that gym teacher you had in middle school who was a “history major” (i.e. “collected” Nazi memorabilia) and took exquisite pleasure in drilling footballs at the smallest kids? Yeah, that guy. Every “classroom.”

11 Likes

What if the shooter is wearing a vest like the Buffalo one?

Will he arm teachers with a weapon that can get through a vest, but also through the classroom wall and a few kids on the other side?

11 Likes

Well no, because teaching is wimmin’s work. Don’t want men tempted by teenaged harlots now, do we? /s

13 Likes

It always is. If only because not enough time passes between incidents. What’s the appropriate amount of time? A week? Those that don’t want to talk about it insist we use a calendar to time “too soon” when we should be using a stopwatch.

12 Likes

“What’s the safest way to end a quarterstaff fight in a china shop?”

:x: “Give the clerks staffs too.”

3 Likes

Why stop there, why not arm the kids as well? It’s only consistent.
The gun manufacturers will be happy to provide small pistols suitable for children, and in cheery colours too. Just think what a boost to the economy this could be!

14 Likes

…a segment on “kinder guardians” — a program to teach 3 to 12 year olds how to use “pistols, rifles, semi-automatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars” to defend themselves, with the promise that “In less than a month, a first grader can become a first grenadier” (as quoted from former GOP Congressman turned far-right radio host Joe Walsh, who loves the idea).

P.S.

12 Likes

Crayola can get in on the cross-promotional opportunity!

9 Likes

McDonald’s can put cheap 3D-printed ones in Happy Meals!

8 Likes

Facts?! FACTS?!!! FACTS DON’T CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS!!!

3 Likes

I honestly think they’re just jealous that they can’t murder more children. Elective abortion was cutting into their quotas for genocide of US citizens. Party of goddamned ghouls, rapists, murderers, and treasoners.

10 Likes

That’s what you want, kids caught in the crossfire between the “active shooter” and the teachers

1 Like

here in the UK, normal police do not carry any arms, there is an special branch, the police armed response units who deal with these type of situations

And because it is very difficult to get a weapon in the UK, either legally or illegally, they do not have to intervene often

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.