Texas' Attorney General has decided that Pride Week is 'illegal' and threatened a school to stop it

I go to Texas from the Bay Area a couple times a year.
It’s not nearly as monolithic as people suggest (just like every other state.) I’ve read that Beto is more popular with people who have lived for longer in Texas, while new transplants we’re much more likely to vote for Abbot and were able to push him over the top.

Capture

5 Likes

Yes… but there are some people here who are eager to remind us that because they were born or live in a place that’s not the south, they are morally superior and will continue to hammer home the stereotype that we’re all stupid, racist, bumpkins down here… it’s not about reality, it’s about making themselves feel better.

13 Likes

The fact that this was done in Texas, by the Texas attorney general isn’t an attack on all people living in Texas.

No, but given the prevelance of this way of thinking whenever these issues come up, and the fact that I live down here in the south, I am going to remind people that we’re not all raging bigots. As long as people have that mindset, we’re not going to fix our national problems.

10 Likes

episode 5 fox GIF by Paradise Hotel

8 Likes

im always angry GIF

6 Likes

Me Too Reaction GIF by Bounce

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.