Texas gentleman shot by bullet that ricocheted off armadillo

Don’t touch them. They carry leprosy.

4 Likes

Someone get the Army researching armadillos.

2 Likes

The ricochet connecting with face is unlikely, but inappropriate shot/bullets bouncing off the scute of armadillos and alligators is a thing that happens.

1 Like

So that magic bouncing bullet may have infected that Texas voter with Leprosy?

1 Like

I really really love this planet.

4 Likes

18 Likes

#NotAllTexans

3 Likes

Related articles: http://boingboing.net/2015/07/22/spitting-armadillos-have-given.html

And the armadillo waddled away, quietly chuckling to itself.

4 Likes

Fun 'dillo trivia: The reason so many of them get creamed by cars is that their response to being set upon by a large predator is to jump straight up. Tends to get them wedged in grills rather than safely driven over.

Fun fact #2: Every year several people who are unaware of this fact get black eyes or even broken noses when they startle nine banded armadillos.

10 Likes

Random thought. Tie a grenade to their back and you get a roaming Bouncing Betty mine.

5 Likes

You’d have to include an accelerometer in the grenade that can distinguish a vertical leap from, say, the armadillo rolling into a ball and rapidly falling dow a slope into a gorge or something.

True that. Nothing that can’t be built on an Arduino.

With or without optional impact sensing and the appropriate payload design you can have a fragmentation armadillo that peppers the surroundings with shrapnels, or an armor-piercing one that instead concentrates the blast into a smaller area to deal with vehicles.

5 Likes

The only way to stop armadillos are good men armed with arduino based armour piercing armadillos!

8 Likes

Does an explosive payload carrying armadillo count as an “A-bomb”?

4 Likes

No, it’s an R-bomblet.

3 Likes

Ironically, Texan guy was probably crying, “elp, elp”, with blood gushing out his jaw.

Oh, the leprosy thing is real. I thought it might be a joke.

1 Like

Nobody posted this yet?

5 Likes

Some people might see that and think, “dinosaur prog rock” but I’ve always thought of Steve Jackson’s OGRES when I see that.

4 Likes