Texas man finds fossils from Noah's flood in his backyard

Humans only had it slightly better, just slightly.

2 Likes

Or just stole the Babylonian story which was making rounds in the area. Flooding was the ultimate fear from early literate agricultural societies, especially since the earliest ones were in river valleys. No need to pretend there ever was a big flood or the story had a basis in fact other than “floods are really bad”.

6 Likes

Don’t go dragging teh Jooz into this. We’re generally not creationists or young-earthers.

In Judaism the dinosaurs have yet to die out.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

6 Likes

The appalling % of slaves who died in the Middle Passage was proof positive of the health hazards of packing people into the hulls of wooden ships.

2 Likes

Looks like my Torah is longer than your Torah.

Torah, Torah, Torah!

4 Likes

I think it’s time that all sides compromised.

Tell you what, Trump: we’ll build your damn wall, provided that it’s north of Texas.

Cool?

4 Likes

An old relative once said, it’s better to use sheepskin to make a longer Torah than to keep a shorter bloodline. I think it was a crack about latex condoms.

4 Likes

The minute you admit miracle then you have refuted a Creationist claim. Creationists claiming that rationally collected and analyzed evidence would prove the veracity of their mythological bullshit.

Also once you get one to admit they believe in this mumbo-jumbo because of faith they have refuted themselves. Creationism is supposed to rely on evidence to prove its point. Faith is belief in the absence of evidence.

5 Likes

Get back to the cave from which you were spawned!

5 Likes

It’s 2016 people. This conversation should not be happening unless you’re primary writing tools are a peice of chalk and a cave wall.

5 Likes

What was the dove, then?

When you emerge from the hatch of your boat on a cold, misty day to be confronted by a heron sitting on the transom, then you realise dinosaurs are still with us.

8 Likes

"From Noah’s flood to my front yard, how much better can it get?”

Wait - the flood was supposed to cover the entire Earth, right? So all places should be former “flood zones” and fossils (of every sort of animal that lived there) should be found absolutely everywhere.

3 Likes

Proudly fighting for freedom from oppressive knowledge, and from the reasoning frameworks that generate accurate information!

4 Likes
1 Like

Two of my favorite evolution-themed anecdotes belong to neo-Darwinist JBS Haldane. The first is now a standard retort to Creationsists:
Q: What would it take to disprove evolution?
A. Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian!

The second was reported by John Maynard Smith; Haldane being challenged by a skeptic (massively paraphrased):
Q: Even if billions of years had been available for a process of evolution, I just can’t believe it’s possible to go from a single cell to a complicated human body.
A: But madam, you did it yourself, and it took you only nine months.

10 Likes

Bill and Ted’s Radical Resurrection. They have to save Jesus and make sure He survives until it’s time for Him to get crucified. Then they hop forward three days, pick Him up, and travel to the present for the Second Coming Concert performed by Jesus Christ (Superstar!) and the Wyld Stallyns 2.0.

3 Likes

But everything is bigger there, I’m told.

5 Likes

What would a the corndog want with a gun?!?

6 Likes

Don’t forget that all the animals we’ve ever found fossilized records for are in there together because they all lived side by side with Adam and Noah :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes