Texas man shoots two women who got into his car by mistake

6 Likes

During my younger years guns were for hunting and were marketed for hunting. But I guess that didn’t sell enough guns. Now they’re for protection, to be tactical or to make up for your shrinking masculinity.

12 Likes

I once got into the wrong car in a grocery store parking lot and nearly died of embarrassment when the owner asked me what I was doing. Fortunately she was a good sport and laughed it off.

11 Likes

So, from two to ten years, if convicted. A person doesn’t recover from a gun shot wound, physically or psychologically, in two to ten years. I’ve a friend with PTSD who was shot in the Vietnam war, over fifty years ago, it effects every day of his life.

Has Governor Abbott promised to pardon him yet?

So tired of the US marching towards dystopia.

13 Likes

But in this example, there was no trespass by that definition. The person entered the property by accident and left immediately upon realizing their error, without even needing to be told to leave. That means no force at all was justified, much less deadly force.

14 Likes

seems like this is happening a lot lately. Oh well. We once thought school shootings were rare too.

8 Likes

I’ve argued in the past that the only way a gun can truly keep you safe is if you pull your gun out and fire first any time you feel threatened. This was not intended to be advice on how best to use one’s gun.

6 Likes

Of course, in Texas, his only crime was hunting cheerleaders out of season

4 Likes

The joke is that the this time the innocent people in critcal condition are women, I guess. :angry:

6 Likes

Vine Wtf GIF

9 Likes

When I first saw the story, I assumed he shot them as they got into his car, that he was sitting there, gun at the ready to repel potential borders - but he chased them down then shot them, which makes the story even more baffling and insane. Like how, in his mind, did it make sense?

Exactly - especially if the other person might have a gun. Whenever I say, “guns don’t work for self-defense,” people always respond with, “Oh, but the cops…!” Shooting when feeling threatened is what the cops do (and it still doesn’t always keep them safe), and they shouldn’t be doing it - the rest of us can’t do it (either legally or if we want to actually have anything remotely resembling a functional society). But this is exactly what Republicans are essentially calling for, with e.g. “stand your ground” laws and laws that legalize killing (leftist) protesters - although only for the “right” sort of shooter.

11 Likes

Sitting alone in the passenger seat of his car at midnight in the parking lot of a grocery store that closed an hour ago… I wonder if he was up to something that had him primed to expect trouble. It says something that the fact that he had a gun is the least suspicious element of this scenario.

6 Likes

If the cheerleaders had been armed and found this guy sitting in what they thought was their car, the GOP would be all excited if they shot the perceived intruder.

The situation doesn’t matter to them, they’ll find a way to justify whatever actions the killer has taken.

3 Likes

Is this another one of those American mix-ups which could have been solved without violence if more of the people involved had been armed?

4 Likes

But are guns not permitted at NRA headquarters?. Food for thought…

5 Likes

Guarantee that if this makes it to right wing media at all, it will be couched as an example of Hispanic-on-white violence, and Rodriguez citizenship and previous associations will be extensively questioned.

The presence of guns will be seen as a non-issue, and anyone bringing up that aspect of the situation viewed as a Progressive attempting to distract from the real issue (i.e. the need for heightened xenophobia).

2 Likes

Guns aren’t allowed at NRA, TFG or Deathsantis rallies. Oh, the irony.

6 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.