Texas woman points gun at child, 7, trick-or-treating outside her home

I feel like this might be the point.

Nah. If she were one of those anti-Halloweenists, she’d harangue the neighbor kids about how they’re all going to hell (ideally using a megaphone, standing at the edge of the street). Or hand out Chick Tracts instead of fun-sized candy bars.

Pulling a gun on them is against type: it’s what you do when you’re terrified of everything and not capable of forming a planned response to a situation (even if that “plan” is haranguing the neighbor kids that they’re all going to hell).

6 Likes

ResPoNSiblE gUN oWNerS.

15 Likes

The proper Texas response will be to arm all toddlers so that they can respond, wild west style.

8 Likes

Could we draft legislation, that if someone without just cause points a gun at someone, they then have to be shot in the foot? I know it’d be “cruel and unusual” in some people’s minds, but it seems like a natural consequence that could be helpful to dissuade people from doing it so readily.

6 Likes

C’mon guys, we need all the facts … like, what costume was the kid wearing? Maybe he was dressed up as antifa, or a lib.

7 Likes

No. The only deciding factor is was the child a PoC or not. If white, she is in trouble. If not, it will be “justified.” And no, I am not putting a /s on this.

21 Likes

Remember kids: Only YOU can prevent getting shot at by homicidal Karens.

10 Likes

wynona's big brown beaver GIF by Primus

7 Likes

Unfortunately, I think that the feeling is mutual. :cry:

11 Likes

Remember the Alamo my suburban home!

6 Likes

but neighbors say this isn’t the first time police have been at the home in question

Aaaand… of course they have guns. (There’s probably a heavy correlation between “problematic household” and gun ownership, even.)

No doubt the household (whoever the actual gun owner is here) will continue to have guns, even after this. Because America! There really aren’t great mechanisms for getting guns out of felons’ hands, and after a few years she herself could own and have a gun (at home) again anyways.

And we have a whole political party devoted to writing laws just for them! (The new “drive over protesters” laws being an example.)

ALL gun owners are responsible - until they aren’t.

I mean, this literally has happened already, so we know it’s true:

10 Likes

I hate this timeline, but I love Primus.

7 Likes

Aw man, I spun off and read the article about the stripper pole monkey and it was funny and then I returned to this thread and remembered it was about some ignoramus pointing a gun at a child and then I got all sad again.

4 Likes

something something good toddler with a gun.

2 Likes

Monkeys? What about raccoons? Dammit, the thieving little bastards even have a bandit mask!

3 Likes

I guess it’s a small miracle that no one was shot, thankfully…

14 Likes

AFAIK virtually nobody keeps trash pandas as pets (in many places it would be illegal). I know some people will rescue them, but that isn’t the same thing.

But unlike simian scamps, racoons are physically unable take your phone, climb up on your cabinetry, or fling stuff at you.

1 Like

Just another one of them “responsible” gun owners.

3 Likes

If it were a white kid in blackface the court would implode trying to reach the worst possible conclusion.

2 Likes

Kandy Kancel Karen here has some issues. I hope the jail has a good counselor…

It’s texas though, so probably not.