Thanksgiving Prep and Troubleshooting

8 Likes

Hah last night while the fish in cornbread batter with grits was really good the place was out of vanilla ice cream and the only dessert I wanted used that so we went to a little pie place that I really love. They were all crazy busy stacking pies up for the amazon fresh van to go forth and deliver. There were all of 3 pies left for slices and less than half or each left. So they gave us a huge slice of the french apple (they basically stuffed the rest of the pie into the one slice to go box), a big slice of apple pear ginger, and normalish slice of the blue hawaiian. And one was free cause my birthday!

4 Likes

I know where I’m going to eat the next time I go to Seattle…

3 Likes

Happy Mutant Thanksgiving, all you wonderful people <3

9 Likes

Bird is in…

3 Likes

How the heck is “OM NOM NOM NOM” not acceptable as a comment?

3 Likes

Since I have gotten so much more crazy love for this pea soup recipe than I was ever expecting, I am now documenting it with photos and making notes on how much of what I put in.

I started it last night, taking it up through the stage of adding the potatoes and carrots, so it could sit and get more flavorful overnight. This morning I’ll add the celery and bring it back up to heat and then let it sit the rest of the morning before I put in the onions and peas and finish it off.

I also made the rye french bread last night and sliced up the other bread for the bread pudding and stuck it in the oven to dry out a bit.
Bread rising:

The finished loaf, after sampling:

6 Likes

The menu so far: cranberry slosh, mesquite smoked turkey, gravy, molé sauce, mashed taters, sweet potato casserolypoly, brioche stuffing, lemon parsley haricots verts, glazed ham, honey butter rolls, croissant wrapped baked brie, cheeses, olives, crackers, pecan pie, apple pie, chocolate meringue pie, ice cream and whipped cream. Wine, beer, whisky. I think we have it. Did I forget anything?

5 Likes

yes. I got no invitation :smiley:

4 Likes

You are invited! Can you get here in two hours?

4 Likes

Unfortunately the plane I ordered was never delievered. I blame DHL.

3 Likes

Seeing as this is just a normal thursday in Canada we will be having steak. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

YUM. My favorite Canadian holiday is Boxing Day. After Xmas. Most fun pub crawling in Montreal that day.

1 Like

I have a feeling you’ll be switching to UPS soon. What can I send you to tide you over?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Debrillator for when everybody’s heart stops from too much good food. OMG

2 Likes

Ironing and starching takes forever.

And Dog just can’t be bothered.

5 Likes

Looks really, really great, have a nice and good evening/day! :slight_smile:

And the same to everyone over here, I wish you a great time.

3 Likes

So FORMAL!

We did it buffet style.

7 Likes

You’re having some pretty bad luck with your delivery service. Maybe switch to carrier pigeons?

1 Like